Acoustic Preset

Tonemeister

Experienced
I was determined to get a great stereo acoustic guitar sound from the moment I plugged my piezo output into the AXE FX2. I spent some time using the "guitarbody" cab I downloaded from Axechange. Set up 2 separate paths and mic'd them differently and PEQ'd them differently and then panned them hard left and right. Noodled around with the Enhancer and added some reverb. Sounded pretty good. Then I decided to do a tone match of "Crash Into Me" by DMB which I put before the cab split in the preset. Not sure if this is the best way to do it but I found that this preset now has 3 or 4 combinations of acoustic guitar sounds you can get. As is, provides a rich blend of acoustic/electric and acoustic. If you mute the tma block you get something very close to an strictly acoustic sound with noticeable resonance from the sound hole. If you mute the cabs you get a direct acoustic electric sound, like DM uses often live. And so on.... In addition, when I switch to the magnetic pups I get a hollow body type sound, more so from the neck position. Anyway, enjoy and respond with impressions. One thing to note is that gain reduction on the compressor was less than 1dB when finger picking and 0-2dB when hard picking. To give you an idea of my input level when setting the threshold for your setup.

Tonemeister

Hi Tonemeister,
I just downloaded this preset from Axe-Change and noticed that it has a Tone Match block that is empty.

Is the TMA block supposed to be empty? If not, could you please retry the export with the latest version of Axe-Edit and see if the TMA data appears properly?

Thanks,
Adam

Back
Top Bottom