Acoustic patch sounds great!

rocknroling

Inspired
So I made some new mods on my strat last week and I was pretty amazed at how good it turned out! I put the Ghost Piezo pickup system in by Graph Tech. I run completely through the Axe FX and do have a powered monitor that only has my guitar signal, the rest is in the in ears. So I built an acoustic patch on the Axe FX II and just used, some compression, Graphic EQ, reverb, and chorus & delay (didn't use them, but they are there). So now when I switch from acoustic to electric I just change a preset and flip the toggle switch where my old tone knob was and I can jump back and forth pretty seamlessly. Here is a video clip from last weekend. I think this was the second song in, but i switch back and forth from verse to chorus.

Had the same system several years but changed back to real acoustic because it sounds way better (for me, but I have to admit it's really a great system). I use a tone match block with my Taylor now.

We have to use our own PA in just about ever venue we play, so trimming down to just 2 guitars has been a blessing!

So I made some new mods on my strat last week and I was pretty amazed at how good it turned out! I put the Ghost Piezo pickup system in by Graph Tech. I run completely through the Axe FX and do have a powered monitor that only has my guitar signal, the rest is in the in ears. So I built an acoustic patch on the Axe FX II and just used, some compression, Graphic EQ, reverb, and chorus & delay (didn't use them, but they are there). So now when I switch from acoustic to electric I just change a preset and flip the toggle switch where my old tone knob was and I can jump back and forth pretty seamlessly. Here is a video clip from last weekend. I think this was the second song in, but i switch back and forth from verse to chorus.

I did the same thing with my ESP Eclipse.. had a Graph Tech Ghost piezo installed and love everything about it. You are 100% correct in saying that you can be playing drop C riffage (or drop J as I like to call for those who play very very detuned music :p ) and with a change of patches and flick of a little toggle switch, you go from ultra heavy shit to 'mama I'm coming home' acoustic which sounds AMAZE good.

I've considered getting more of these installed in my other guitars..

NOTE.. to all those who have a EBMM JP with piezo.. if you reckon the piezo in the JPs are good.. they ain't nothin compared to the Graph Tech Ghost piezo systems.. I've had two different JPs and the piezo system on them is average compared to the Graph Tech stuff.

Dude.. post your patch..

Back
Top Bottom