Acoustic clean sounds with Dark Fire

pdelanghe

Hi there,
A quick note to say that even if I dont post much i love the forum and i learned more here in one year than in the rest of my guitar playing life. This being said, I just got a Zoom H3 after seeing the ads in Guitar Player and then, well, you just try to see what you can get out of it, right ?
So yesterday while I was fiddling with the presets on the axe I just decided to record something and dare post it on the web.
Besides the fact that I hate the way I look and my age reveals :mrgreen: (where's my make up kit ???) the zoom captures the sound pretty well.
There is one which is only a very clean sound and one where I toggle between acoustic and electric clean / distorded sound.
By the way it's the first time that I'm using an electric guitar with a piezo. I'm surprised that the sound is not even between the strings. The G sounds "hollow" (for lack of a better word) and the low E is less powerful than the low A, which is not very logical to me. Is this a problems specific to the dark fire (the guitar that everyone loves to hate),or it's normal ?
I tried to fix it using parametric EQ and multiband comp but it does not work as it is string related and not pitch related.
Anyway. using both inputs of the Axe makes it very easy to move from one sound to the other with an expression pedal and even to have as the same time an acoustic and a distorded sound, which is an interesting texture.
Feedback welcome
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdelanghe
Thanks and have fun
Philippe

Gasp. technology always betrays you I guess. I f****d up on one of the videos. I guess that's the one you tried;

Back
Top Bottom