Accugroove?

Kingfishcam

Inspired
Any opinions out there on Accugroove FRFR monitors? They keep popping up on my feed and I was wondering how they compare to the other favorites on this site. They do appear to be a bit more expensive than others.

Any opinions out there on Accugroove FRFR monitors? They keep popping up on my feed and I was wondering how they compare to the other favorites on this site. They do appear to be a bit more expensive than others.
The Latte passive cabs (my bassist's) compared quite nicely with my Xitone passive wedges, active Xitone wedges and a Mission Gemini 2 when we had an Axe Fx gathering a few years ago.

All passive cabs were powered by Matrix amps.

There have been some comments here about poor design... But they sound really good.

I have the a pair of the small Demitasse active cabs and love them. Great for small gigs or practice. For louder gigs I prefer my Fryette LX2 amp with Marshall 4X10 cab but the Demitassee is my second favorite. I think they have a pretty huge sound for such small speakers. I also using them as midrange monitors in my recording studio and they seem very flat to me.

I had a Atomic CLR for a while and sold it because it was just too hifi for me. I would like to try one of the larger Accugovee monitors.

I really liked the way the one Accugrove I had some time to play with sounded. I was standing a good 15 feet from it and relative to the other options we were comparing against I thought it worked pretty well for my sounds. There’s a thread here where @yeky83 does a pretty good job of ripping apart some of their FRFR claims based on their design.

They gave me weird ass vibes when I went to buy one. So much so that there was no way I was handing over that much money to them. Smelled a touch “audiophile” to me with a heavy bit of arrogance. Too risky.

Super happy I went with an MBritt from XiTone instead.

Some varied opinions here. Thanks for the replies.
Kinda sucks having to shop for a monitor without being able to play them side by side..

I have an active Latte for sale on the forum if you're interested. It sounds great, I just find myself mostly using wedges instead of straight cabs. Cheers!

I own an active Robusta and Latte. The Robusta is my favorite for the AXEIII but the Latte also sounds awesome. Together in stereo they sound huge but I would never need that much power. I have been using the Latte as a PA speaker for acoustic gigs and it works well in small bars and coffee houses. I've found AG great to deal with and have never had any issues. They are pricey but IMO and my ear's opinion, its worth it. I've owned an Atomic CLR, early Xitone cab with an Eminence Beta LTA and a handful of PA speakers and the AGs sounded best.

Back
Top Bottom