Accoustic Guitar

I run all of my signal chain with a parallel dry signal. All of the effects are run on parallel signal paths to retain the acoustic sound. The exceptions are, a notch filter for feedback control, an eq, and a tube preamp that I sometimes use to give a warmer sound. I use an LR Baggs imix for my pickups. I think it sounds really nice.

I plan on getting the best recording of my acoustic I can with good condensers and tone matching it. Then I will run the same acoustic with its k&k pure minis into that tone match block and possibly add eq etc to optimize it for live

Has anyone done this?

what is the ideal setup to get a decent level besides cranking the output?
cranking the output of what, the entire axe? you don't want to do this because then everything else will be really loud, if your acoustic patches are too quiet compared to other ones.

as said earlier, you can add a filter block set to type:none, but i boost the level in my multi-band compressor that's on every acoustic/piezo preset of mine. remember, we're talking about gain staging and internal/block levels, not the overall perceived/speaker level. i can have every level possible in the axe set to max (it would clip though) and still play very quietly using the out1 and amp/powered speaker/mixer controls that the axe is feeding...

same way i can have every level in any block set very low like -50dB, yet still get a loud perceived volume using the right amplification. but that's when you get noise and it's very bad gain staging.

you definitely want a full-range or acoustic-guitar-tuned cabinet/system for an acoustic guitar. but i would suggest getting a powered speaker like a QSC K10, or JBL EON etc, there are so many types and discussions about them on this forum. many acoustic amps i've used lacked the power that a regular powered speaker has for about the same price.

then you can experiment using the axe through a full range speaker, possibly getting your entire sound out of that one speaker.

i used to use a mesa roadster + 2x12 lonestar cab for my electric and a jbl eon for my acoustic/piezo. but once i got the axe and worked on the routing and i/o, i run both sounds out of the same powered speakers and it sounds great. less gear, less fail points and cables.

Ok, so what i need is a small acoustic cab, i still want to use my diesel cab for my electric, any ideas on a small cab i can run from my 2nd output?

My setup is a line 6 g90 to axe fx 2 into the matrix into my dizel 2x12 cab, i know the cab is no good for my acoustic, i need a very compact option to use along side of my diezel, my recordings are great, its just the output of my speaker that sounds muddy

I plan on getting the best recording of my acoustic I can with good condensers and tone matching it. Then I will run the same acoustic with its k&k pure minis into that tone match block and possibly add eq etc to optimize it for live

Has anyone done this?

I too would be interested in an answer to felkin's question - has anyone actually tried this? It would seem the ideal way to get the best from a particular acoustic guitar, no?

Back
Top Bottom