ac20dlx settings?

jdolll

Inspired
I recently updated to 10.11 and decided to switch over to the ac20dlx in my main ac30 patch and found there to be an odd sort of noise (i'd best describe it as input clipping like an overloaded front end) on the attack, Based on that i looked for something that affected what I was hearing (input trim etc) and landed on the input drive. The setting had defaulted to 4.0, so I rolled it down and found that by around 1.5 the noise was gone. Has anyone else experienced anything like this with input drive? I'm using pretty low output pickups (depending on guitar/pickup selection between 6.3k and 7.7k).

Second, I'm really enjoying the ac20 dlx now (the non dlx model was the last amp I let go after switching to the ultra a few years ago) and I like the ef86 channel, but is there any way to get the 12ax7 sound out of the existing model? If not is it possible to get that model added (I know it's just another vox sound but it has a quality I've found that I like better than the standard ac15/30 models.

Any help on either would be greatly appreciated

Back
Top Bottom