AC-20!

Ron_R

Power User
Holy smokes!!!

I took the factory preset, flipped the saturation switch and upped the gain on the drive pedal and WOOOOOOW. With the hot bridge pick ups on the Charvel...jeebus. Crunchtastic! From Zep, to Lenny Kravitz and even a little VH with some aggressive palm muting. I'm going to try it again today to see if it was really all that, but that amp has some serious potential.

I love the AC-20, both physical amp and in my FM3. I don't own one, but I've played through my buddy's a LOT! In fact, I was the one who told him to buy it when it came in on a trade in at the store where I teach. I still call it "the one that got away" because I could have bought it myself for a REALLY good price. Though now, I don't need one LOL! We got together a while back to see how close we could dial in the FM3 version to his, both running into a ps100 and into the same speaker cab (no cab block in the fm3). How close was it? Dead nuts. We had to run the controls differently in the fm3 since they are true linear compared to the physical amp, but within a few minutes it was spot on. Now... with the Ideal tab, I can go SO much further than the physical amp can go. You can cover a LOT of ground with that model.

Last edited:
That is my main amp right now.
I have the input boost and saturation each on scene control switches so I have 4 different gain levels.
Love it!

Holy smokes!!!

I took the factory preset, flipped the saturation switch and upped the gain on the drive pedal and WOOOOOOW. With the hot bridge pick ups on the Charvel...jeebus. Crunchtastic! From Zep, to Lenny Kravitz and even a little VH with some aggressive palm muting. I'm going to try it again today to see if it was really all that, but that amp has some serious potential.
always forget about that saturation switch - will have to noodle with it more.

It works pretty good. It’s kind of fizzy but good for some stuff. I’ll put it on a switch and start using it. Which AC20 is your fav? I like the Treble AX7. They’re all good though.

The AC-20 is probably my favorite model in this unit. It is straight up killer. I love that it sounds so full and sits so well in the mix without getting harsh or muddy.

My other favorite is the wrecker rocket. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the wrecker to sit right in the mix, but it is so dang fun to play that it makes it hard to put your guitar down.

The AC-20 is probably my favorite model in this unit. It is straight up killer. I love that it sounds so full and sits so well in the mix without getting harsh or muddy.

My other favorite is the wrecker rocket. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the wrecker to sit right in the mix, but it is so dang fun to play that it makes it hard to put your guitar down.
I tend toward more "Dumble-esque"(?) amps, but when I feel the need for something different it's the AC-20.

@Ron_R Thanks for the tip re this amp - just spent an hour playing with it & have set up a nice preset with scenes for clean, EoBU, crunch & lead. What a cool amp. Managed to get rid of the fizziness and the distortion is lovely. Like the AX7 Treble the best so far.
The saturation button is great too - didn’t know that existed
What a fun time you can have with an FM3…..😊

@Ron_R Thanks for the tip re this amp - just spent an hour playing with it & have set up a nice preset with scenes for clean, EoBU, crunch & lead. What a cool amp. Managed to get rid of the fizziness and the distortion is lovely. Like the AX7 Treble the best so far.
The saturation button is great too - didn’t know that existed
What a fun time you can have with an FM3…..😊

Awesome, glad I could help. That's the one I liked best as well. Enjoy!

Played a bit tonight. Put it on the AC20 and just stayed there. Switched to my main preset. And went right back to the AC20. I’m a medium gain guy and this thing sounds great.

For more medium gain type settings, try increasing the amp gain a bit and then putting a "boost" type drive pedal in front. Sounds amazing.

For more medium gain type settings, try increasing the amp gain a bit and then putting a "boost" type drive pedal in front. Sounds amazing.

Was on it for awhile last night with headphones. I usually set up 4 scenes all with drives. From cleanish to a good lead tone. Mostly using a FET Boost with germanium clipping. Using the neutral amp boost. I put the saturation on a switch too. Lot of options on each scene. Leaving the master wide open seems best to me. The clean scene isn’t really that clean lol. Looking forward to seeing what I have later today.

Well Ron, thanks for your post. A boost into the AC20 with the saturation on. It really rocks. It is a lot of fun to play on. Works exceptionally well with P90’s. The saturation puts some hair on it and a nice snarling honk. Think I’m in love haha.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom