About to take the plunge... again?

New user here (2wks in). I have two tube amp setups that both had a ton of old analog pedals... and decided to simplify them and upgrade my digital rig in the process. Enter my first AxeFx product. I'm sure at some point I'll decide I want to expand upon my pedal boards again... but it kind of bleeds away from the strength of those setups: simplicity. I think having the Axe has kept my pedal lust at bay and indirectly made those setups better.

I could get by easily with any one of my 3 setups... but bouncing between them and reaffirming what they each do well is inspirational.

that said... if I HAD to pick one... as much as I love my tube amps, this thing is 7 distinct types of amazing. I can't imagine that if you bought one you would be anything less than blown away by it.

The only pedal I use is a Digitech "The Drop" for detuning. We do a fair amount of half down and even 1 or 2 full step down songs.
Have you tried this with the IIIs pitch block? How's it do?

I'm thinking about making the AX8 to III leap

Have you tried this with the IIIs pitch block? How's it do?

I'm thinking about making the AX8 to III leap
It is definitely usable. The latency is fine on the Axe III but I think the sound quality is just a little better on the Digitech at this point. I did a blind test with my bandmates at a show and selected between the two. They all chose the Digitech.

It is definitely usable. The latency is fine on the Axe III but I think the sound quality is just a little better on the Digitech at this point. I did a blind test with my bandmates at a show and selected between the two. They all chose the Digitech.
Damn! I use the Morheus Drop pedal now and keep a Digitech Drop as a back up. I was hoping I could lose these. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom