About the reworked amps

james...

Experienced
I have a standard so I will have to wait to see for myself, but it looks to me like all the amps Cliff reworked are the ones that I thought sounded the most "off" before. This is good news. The Matchless and the XTC especially I thought were not very close and it seems he has done a lot to both from reading the notes.

Anyone want to comment? I'm sitting here wondering what's in store.

Thats what it sounds like to me after the update ... I could never get myself to use XTC or CAE or X99 or Recto red models for anything .. Now they sound just how I would expect them to sound - amazing. The clarity and note definition of the amps is stunning now. I immediately noticed how old are my strings on my guitar.

Mik.

mik said:
Thats what it sounds like to me after the update ... I could never get myself to use XTC or CAE or X99 or Recto red models for anything .. Now they sound just how I would expect them to sound - amazing. The clarity and note definition of the amps is stunning now. I immediately noticed how old are my strings on my guitar.

Mik.

The CAE has been one of my favorites. Cant wait the try the new one.

I never thought those models were impossible to work with, they just needed some unconventional EQ tricks to get to (my idea of) the right place. The Matchless comes to mind; I found it really bright but eventually got an absolutely killer Paisley-esq tone once I made use of Scott's tips from a few threads back. I've messed around with the reworked models and found that no fancy treble/presence tricks are needed. Pretty slick indeed.

mik said:

Mik.
What sounded wrong to you with the X99 ? Just curious, since the X99 Clean and Drive were 2 of my fav sims. I'm guessing that Cliff purchased the real deal and compared them, so I can only hope they are even better than before (no time to update yet...).

Back
Top Bottom