About the Rat distortion efx and the original ones...

feliperigby

Inspired
Yes We all knows that on the drive block there is the RAT Distortion and all that customization that we can make in the effect to sound what we like or not..
But the question is.
Anyone knows which frequency (If I'm saying wrong, sorry) that the original pedals are?
Like which frequency the "FAT RAT PEDAL", "RAT 2 pedal" or "FAT RAT pedal" are configured by the RAT company?

If I could know this would be easier to make a good and similar/real simulation on fx8 and axefx with the Rat Distortion efx block on my units...

:nightmare:

I just earball it. My Rat has a bit more low end than the default Drive setting. Dropping the Low Cut to 50hz did the trick. I think I also changed the Hi Cut a bit but I'm not in front of my Axe to confirm.

Man, every RAT is different. I've played 6-8 and they all are very different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But all of them has a "frequency spectrum range"....
That's what I'm trying to know, their frequency range. Will be a lot easier to reach the tone with that kind of information....

That's what I'm trying to know, their frequency range. Will be a lot easier to reach the tone with that kind of information....

I disagree, my favorite RAT has less low end the others and less gain.

I'd post a clip of the sound you're after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, the default setting has the distinct RAT tone to it...or frequency spectrum as you put it. Tweak to taste from there. If it sounds good, it sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom