About "Models nailing the real amps" and "adv settings threads"

Raab90

Inspired
Hi!
Just wanted to share this

I've encountered some 100 Watt plexis that, unlike the one on the Axe, can get cranked with all controls at noon and almost no presence. This amps' presence knob is just like a higher treble knob, that adds no substantial grit. Owners of these particular plexis say that the presence knob is almost usless.

The plexi on the axe needs to get fully cranked up in order to get a tight crunch, which is very much like the only real plexi i?ve played (When i first selected that model it was just as if I was playing that old plexi from the shop, same response and sweetness omg)

I was a bit dissapointed cos i couldn't have those easy crunch plexis such as the one Angus Young uses, or the one in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9KVRiHr8gc

I had been wondering so much what the hell this those amps have? Some ppl were thrilled too as to how could the guy in this video get so much juice out of a plexi at those particular settings. Some even talked about the presence knob.
So I started playing with the advanced parameters.

Voila... At the same settings, I get the same crunch, and presence hardly ever adds grit! I even matched their behavior LOL (I have it around 2).
Now i've got a clone of the one in the video if i use the same cab, or an Angus Young plexi in my hands.

So you could say now I have 2 Plexis, a classical one, and a hot one.

Bottom line is: The models on the Axe reaaaaaaaaally nail the real ones I mean, I could morph an amp into the same model from a different era, and make it sound and react like that one!

Let's start by saying that not even amps made the same day by the same guy would sound the same... valves are handmade lol. But to get as 99.99% as close to another model by switching stuff inside?!

Hope this answers those threads about the models nailing the real amps, and that other one about the use of the advanvced settings.

And sorry bout my fail grammar but my keyboard is old and broken, the key labels are gone, and i'm poor so i can't afford a better one.

God I love this box.

This might have been interesting if you had explained exactly what you were setting differently in the advanced parameters to get the great plexi tone in the video. Otherwise, it's not telling us much. As a side note, the guy in the video is using an attenuator (hmmm, maybe Cliff will model an attenuator next). :)

This might have been interesting if you had explained exactly what you were setting differently in the advanced parameters to get the great plexi tone in the video. Otherwise, it's not telling us much. As a side note, the guy in the video is using an attenuator (hmmm, maybe Cliff will model an attenuator next). :)

Mainly played with the XformerMatch (You can see in the manual that turning it clockise makes the poweramp overdrive earlier, which is what I wanted) and caps values. Turned them both up a lot. I think I also messed with the presence frequency too.

I also varied the B+ constant to avoid it sounding so farty from varying the xformermatch parameter.

It basically got to a state where the amp is easily pushed into overdrive. However, now i have to roll back the bass and leave it at a maximum of 5, and that the Middle tone knob at high Poweramp volume now doesn't do anything at all. But to be able to get Angus' tone, i think it's worth the trade off.

Hi!

I've encountered some 100 Watt plexis that, unlike the one on the Axe, can get cranked with all controls at noon and almost no presence. This amps' presence knob is just like a higher treble knob, that adds no substantial grit. Owners of these particular plexis say that the presence knob is almost usless.

The plexi on the axe needs to get fully cranked up in order to get a tight crunch, which is very much like the only real plexi i?ve played (When i first selected that model it was just as if I was playing that old plexi from the shop, same response and sweetness omg)

I was a bit dissapointed cos i couldn't have those easy crunch plexis such as the one Angus Young uses, or the one in this video:

I had been wondering so much what the hell this those amps have? Some ppl were thrilled too as to how could the guy in this video get so much juice out of a plexi at those particular settings. Some even talked about the presence knob.

Voila... At the same settings, I get the same crunch, and presence hardly ever adds grit! I even matched their behavior LOL (I have it around 2).
Now i've got a clone of the one in the video if i use the same cab, or an Angus Young plexi in my hands.

Bottom line is: The models on the Axe reaaaaaaaaally nail the real ones I mean, I could morph an amp into the same model from a different era, and make it sound and react like that one!

Let's start by saying that not even amps made the same day by the same guy would sound the same... valves are handmade lol. But to get as 99.99% as close to another model by switching stuff inside?!

Hope this answers those threads about the models nailing the real amps, and that other one about the use of the advanvced settings.

And sorry bout my fail grammar but my keyboard is old and broken, the key labels are gone, and i'm poor so i can't afford a better one.

God I love this box.

You're not the Rab, endorsee of Chapman guitars, are you?

Rabea Massaad | Chapman Guitars

If so, welcome to the family and share some of your presets goddammit! :D

PS, I'm a BIG fan of your playing.

Hi!

God I love this box.

Watched the video, the ES-335 sounds great through that amp! I used a Hotplate for years, loved it. Love things even more now that I don't need one :)

Sent from my iPhone

Mainly played with the XformerMatch (You can see in the manual that turning it clockise makes the poweramp overdrive earlier, which is what I wanted) and caps values. Turned them both up a lot. I think I also messed with the presence frequency too.

I also varied the B+ constant to avoid it sounding so farty from varying the xformermatch parameter.

It basically got to a state where the amp is easily pushed into overdrive. However, now i have to roll back the bass and leave it at a maximum of 5, and that the Middle tone knob at high Poweramp volume now doesn't do anything at all. But to be able to get Angus' tone, i think it's worth the trade off.

Do you happen to have a patch you'd be willing to post with the modded Plexi?

Back
Top Bottom