About G3 technology

Clive

Experienced
G3 definitely adds something great to the sound. Amp blocks take benefit from this, drive blocks too. I was wondering wether other block types can also take benefit from it. Maybe blocks where we can find drive parameters such as cab block (preamp)...

Last edited:
In addition: could Cliff tell us a sneak peek in "what's going on under the hood"? What is the difference between G3 and G2: different math models used, higher accuracy in approximation calculations, more elements became unilinear in amp model? Of course it is a secret, but I'm not asking for C++ algorithms.

I would love some more tech details as well, we've gotten some very handwavy hints about the difference in sound. Who knows how much Cliff's willing to disclose, though, especially with more and more competitors lurking these days.

Who knows how much Cliff's willing to disclose

Who knows how much..? I think we all do...

It'll be very little - and most probably, not any time soon
wink.gif

I'm going to take a shot in the dark with regards to possibly G2 and G3 algorithms... If I remember correctly this started right after the Tone Match block was introduced. I'm (blindly) guessing that there are tone match algorithms at multiple points in the amp block 'sections'. Or not...

I also have to add... On top of awesome Cliff Coding.

Last edited:
I believe he stated that G3 includes either the introduction of or the refinement of: screen grid behavior. Also, I believe he refined the plate characteristic as well.

Does it really matter what he did? It isn't marketing - he is continually perfecting his product. ;)

There really is only one way to implement his design solution - and if you were truly curious how he's doing it then grab a copy of Burden & Faires 'Numerical Analysis' and the RCA Tube Manual and go to town (see you in 10yrs ;) ).

Back
Top Bottom