Ableton Live 8 Latency

mgavin

Experienced
I have the smallest yet most annoying latency of all time w/ in Ableton Live after i redo a recording over a loaded mp3 backing track also in ableton.

Any tips on minimizing the latency in Ableton like muting the track and listening to it from the powered wedege.... etc

Also anyone know the hotkey to jump to the beginning of the track in ableton? After i Record and undo it, to record again it will start recording in the middle of the track which is annoying...

i've found that latency is diminished if i mute the track i'm recording and monitor it through my atomic, recording via usb and listening via the output of the DAW through my computer speakers is unplayable because of about a 1 sec delay.... hope this helps anyone else experiencing latency problems.

Make sure your start marker is at the beginning point and recording will start at the start marker each time. If you're looking to jump the playback head to the beginning then space bar will restart playback at the beginning of the song. Shift + space bar continues from play heads current position ( like pause).

Hope it helps

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom