Wish Able to mix preamp and power amps in AMP blocks

Oddacious

It would be cool to use AMP1 block preamp in to the AMP2 block power amp stage. I see that power amp modeling can be turned off, it would be cool to be able to turn off the preamp section and leave the power amp modelling turned on.

What I am proposing is simpler. Just allow for turning off the preamp in an amp block. we can already turn off amp modeling. It would be running 2 amps in a series, the first with preamp on and amp modeling off, and the second would be preamp off, and amp modeling on.

The above thread seems to try to address real world situations of using the send/return of different amps to bypass preamp or power amp stages.

What I am proposing is simpler. Just allow for turning off the preamp in an amp block. we can already turn off amp modeling. It would be running 2 amps in a series, the first with preamp on and amp modeling off, and the second would be preamp off, and amp modeling on.

The above thread seems to try to address real world situations of using the send/return of different amps to bypass preamp or power amp stages.
It's not the same, since the signal influence parameters like voltage and bias in the whole amp. Having 2 separate block is like having a rack with separate preamp and poweramp.

Just allow for turning off the preamp in an amp block
I prefer to express it that way also (pre off), but its the same as asking for send/rtn after pre + before p.a. - effectively isolating the p.a. section for users, which, as mentioned above and in Fractal's post, is not viable due to architectural constraints.

Take a look at using "tube pre" as a stand alone p.a. tho - works pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom