Wish Ability to use click track audio as tap tempo (via external pedal input)

406Ryan

I would like to have the ability to plug the audio from a click track into an external pedal input and have the AX8 interpret it as tap tempo.

(looking to do the same thing as the Truetone Time Bandit: http://truetone.com/specialty-pedals/time-bandit/ )

I understand the AX8 accepts MIDIclock, and of course you can have a Tap Tempo pedal- but this would be automatic without having to have an extra MIDI device- Just plug in the audio signal, and you're good to go!

We get our click from a DAW providing backing tracks where required. It could provide the clock via MIDI. How do you feed your click?

Audio is nothing but voltage, too. So the question is if the ADC used for the pedal inputs is fast enough and the processor has enough power left.

I don't think the circuit works like that. The control voltage is based on the resistance of what is plugged in to the jack... Remember that continuous controller pedals are passive.

If you can connect a footswitch to the pedal input and use it to control the tap tempo then it wouldn't be to hard to use a low-pass in front of a transistor to simulate a footswitch controlled by an audio signal.

Back
Top Bottom