Ability to trigger an IA switch with an external footswitch

xpenno

Power User
Hi there,

I've previously used a LiquidFoot Pro but have moved to the MFC-101 due to its smaller footprint.

One feature that I found really useful on the LF, and would love to see as a function on the MFC-101, was the ability to use an external footswitch (or in fact any IA) to directly trigger an on-board IA pedal. One use of this was to use an expression pedal with toe switch, the toe switch could be used to trigger my IA 15 switch which was linked to my lead boost. This allowed me to switch the lead boost directly from my wah pedal for a guitar solo or similar, without having to stomp on the relevant IA switch first.

This function can be emulated to a degree with the MFC-101 through the use of regular CC numbers, however the LED of IA Switch 15 doesn't change to reflect the current state of my lead boost.

Hope it can be added.

Thanks for listening :)

Spence

Hi Spence,

Please describe how your BOOST IA switch works. Is it controlling output volume directly? Triggering a NULL Filter? Something else?

Thanks,

-Matt

Hi Matt,

thanks for the response. I currently use GEQ4 (Could use filter or vol block or anything for that matter) with a 4-5db boost set. I have IA switch 10 on the MFC set to switch this, via AxeFX mode so I get the current state of the EQ (thus lead boost) displayed. I also have the toe switch on my Mission Controller (plugged into the MFC) set to trigger the GEQ4 on the AxeFX, the problem is that it doesn't update the state of the EQ LED on the MFC, it does however switch the boost on, this can cause confusion mid gig when your in the thick of it.

I know the MFC is not a LiquidFoot however the LF gets round this by allowing the external switches to trigger IA switches. In this case I would set my toe switch to trigger MFC IA switch 10. this would in tern trigger my boost and switch the LED status of the switch so I can clearly see that it's engaged.

It would be really useful to have this feature in the MFC, especially on stages where foldback is not great (can't hear whether boost is engaged or not).

thanks for listening :)

Spence

Back
Top Bottom