Ability to send Midiclock from Axe-FX

Do you need a master midiclock in AFX with a Start/Stop implementation?

• Don't care, I just play triangle...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spawn-X

Experienced
P'tit lu all...

Actually, AFX just can receive MIDICLOCK but can't transmit it.

It could be helpful if it can transmit to.

Run/Off status of sequencer could be attached to On/Off status of internal clock.

For some really complex patchs (like some w/ "Plex" or "Crystals", it can introduce some glitches or artifacts while changing programs from external device set as master clock), it's sometime fastidious to synchronize it to an external clock.

I use a Nord Modular G2 Engine for fx, synths, and, some sequences (for triggering internal synth tones or for controlling some parameters into my Ultra). Programming a tap tempo in the G2 is something really hard to do, and conserving its tweaked function from a patch/performance to other ones is really fastidious.
If Axe-FX could be a master clock, that mean it can be set to have a global master clock attached to the tap-tempo function.
G2 or other devices could be synced to its master clock w/out necessary to set a tempo for each patch of them.

I'm still on the MIDI learning curve here: but what's the advantage of broadcasting a MIDI clock signal? Every other device can lock on to it? I ask because my R1 controller can broadcast a MIDI clock signal but I have it turned off right now. I do have a tap tempo IA on it, but I gather that's not the same as the MIDI clock, right? It's just setting the internal clock on the Axe-Fx when I tap it. If I turned on MIDI clock would glorious things happen?

Back
Top Bottom