Wish Ability to send a MIDI command OR set a control switch's state when exiting a scene

marshall2553

Power User
Ask:
I would like the ability to send a MIDI command or change the state of a control switch as the Axe-Fx is exiting a scene. This would be setup in the MIDI block or on the "CS per Scene" tab of the "Controllers" page depending on which option is implemented.

Use Case:
I'm using the MIDI out of the Axe-Fx to switch channels on my real amp via a Voodoo Lab Control Switcher. Many amps have footswitchable functions that are activated by briefly engaging a momentary switch instead of the more common latching switch used to change channels on a two-channel amp. Some examples would be engaging a boost, effects loop or EQ on the amp. The first tap of the momentary switch enables the function and the next tap disables it. So the ON state of the switch both activates AND deactivates the function.

What I'd like to be able do is set up scenes such that:
  • Scene 1 switches to the clean channel, boost not applicable
  • Scenes 2/3 switch the amp to channels 2/3 respectively without the boost engaged
  • Scenes 4/5 switch the amp to channels 2/3 respectively with the boost engaged

I can currently setup the MIDI block to send the command for the boost when entering a scene. This results in the boost correctly being activated if you enter the scene with it already off (e.g. going from scene 2 to scene 4 in my example above) but incorrectly being deactivated if you enter the scene with it already on (e.g. going from scene 4 to scene 5). I can also set up a momentary control switch with the appropriate MIDI command to toggle my amp's boost on and off. This works well when assigned to a switch on my FC6, but gets out of sync in the same way the MIDI block option does if I use it with "CS per Scene".

To get this to work I would need to use either the MIDI block or a CS per Scene control switch to send the ON MIDI command for my boost function both when entering AND exiting scenes 4 and 5. If there's an alternative way to accomplish this existing functionality, I can't think of how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom