ABBA Voyage

Pop music history, on an even bigger scale in Europe than America. I’m always glad to see music live longer and replant itself in another generation. The continuity is inspiring, and somehow comforting at the same time. I wish them great success.

The technology is pretty amazing indeed. I have listened to their new songs. They sound good. But I think they tried too hard to make it sound like the old ABBA. The same ingredients and the melodies sound like I have heard them in others ABBA songs before. I guess that’s what people want to hear but for me it doesn’t bring anything new. I am not much into reunions myself because they are always disappointing to me so for me they shouldn’t have done it. Same as with the Police reunion. But for a reunion this probably is the best way ABBA could have done it. I still love the ABBA songs after all those years.

The technology is pretty amazing indeed. I have listened to their new songs. They sound good. But I think they tried too hard to make it sound like the old ABBA. The same ingredients and the melodies sound like I have heard them in others ABBA songs before. I guess that’s what people want to hear but for me it doesn’t bring anything new. I am not much into reunions myself because they are always disappointing to me so for me they shouldn’t have done it. Same as with the Police reunion. But for a reunion this probably is the best way ABBA could have done it. I still love the ABBA songs after all those years.

I agree with you, the 2 new songs I've heard have very similar piano runs in certain places like the old songs. There were probably producers involved in composing and arrangements. There is not much of their own matured ideas and enthusiasm, at least according to the songs they released first.

Back
Top Bottom