AAL - An Infinite Regression

ducci1012

Been working on this one for a LONG time! Still a long way to go in consistency and tightness with this technique, but this was a helpful checkpoint and decent enough that I thought I'd share.

I don't necessarily love my tones here (dialed in super fast), but FAS Modern is king of this kind of sound IMO. Haven't played with it in quite a few FW versions and it is as fun as ever to play through on an 8 string!

Been busting my hump trying to get muscle memory for thumping, currently sporting a pretty gnarly blister on my thumb. Great job!

Hi ducci1012,

really original music :) well done!

what guitar technique did you use ?

it reminds me a little the atmosphere of spiral architect

Hi ducci1012,

really original music :) well done!

what guitar technique did you use ?

it reminds me a little the atmosphere of spiral architect

Hi Nikk©

This is actually a cover of a tune by the amazing Animals As Leaders:

If you've never checked them out, their whole catalog is a plethora of killer, creative work. The technique is what bass players call "double thumping", and one that Tosin from Animals has popularized on guitar. It's something I've been working on for a while and is finally starting to come together!

Brownmatthall: Totally have a weird new callous from working on this. It was like starting from scratch on guitar and practicing through the pain! :sweatsmile:

Back
Top Bottom