A weird POLL of guitar tones

Blind test guitar comparison through USA CLEAN 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cem

Experienced
Now, there is a weird 4 minutes you are going to have if you want to do this. It is important to me :)

The sounds are coming from Axe fx 2 fw 15.02 in Stereo :)

Compressor --> Usa clean 1 --> 2x12 doubleverb UR

There are 3 different tracks in the playlist.

https://soundcloud.com/cem-arapkirlio-lu/sets/blind-guitar-comparison/s-96rBR

You better go into the soundcloud in order to choose from playlist. Otherwise it didn't work in forum form.

Each track is organised on the pickups selections of 2 different guitars. Neck, Neck+Middle and Bridge in order.

Each track contains 2 different playing style. The first one is always A guitar and the second one is always B guitar.

So it's like, A bluesy, B bluesy, A funky, B funky in the order.

I want you to choose between, A or B guitars. Which one sounds better through? Which one did you like most?

I can announce which guitar is which after the results :)

Regards,
Cem

I prefer A. More body and warmth, fuller tone, B sounds thinner. Difference less noticeable with bridge pick-up.

Reactions: Cem
Indeed A warmer, But I would qualify B has more sparkle.
A will sound better on it's own for some material, but I suspect B will cut much better in a mix.
Apples and Oranges...

Last edited:
I prefer A on the neck and on the neck + middle because they sound richer in the low end, but I prefer B on the bridge pickup because it has more level frequencies.

I liked the "B" guitar in every example .... Had much more "chime" to my ears, especially the Long Train riff ....

Liked B. The A guitar sounds harsh on the bridge pickup and lacks detail on the neck pickup. The B guitar sounds balanced and sparkly - swamp ash? I guess the A guitar is a bit "fuller", but I think the B guitar through a booster would sounds just a full and also "better".

Liked B. The A guitar sounds harsh on the bridge pickup and lacks detail on the neck pickup. The B guitar sounds balanced and sparkly - swamp ash? I guess the A guitar is a bit "fuller", but I think the B guitar through a booster would sounds just a full and also "better".

A is Swamp Ash.
B is Alder body.

So Let's clear out the things, If even anybody cares? :)

The results are clearly showing B is more loved.

A is PRS Swamp Ash Special 25th anniversary. Swampash body, Maple neck. 3 x PRS Narrowfield pickups

B is Vigier Expert Texas Blues Strat. Alder body maple neck rosewood fingerboard. 3 x DiMarzio Single coil noiseless pickups.

Back
Top Bottom