A visit From the Dead - King Diamond guitar cover

He's an amazing guitarist. When I was a teen back in the late 80's I made myself a tape with nothing but the solo breaks from Portrait, Abigail, Them and Conspiracy and would loop it in my car. Denner and Blakk were also great on those albums.

Ditto , ditto, ditto!

Larocque is easily in my top 10, and the guitar work ( including other axemen too) on King Diamond's albums is nothing short of stellar.

Abigail album changed a lot of my direction, and will always be one of my "If you were stranded on an island..." must haves.

Once again, fantastic job!

Thanks everyone, sorry for the late reply I was away for a couple of days. There are two amps that I used, one was a 5153 Red with a bit of EQ boost to the mids for the rhythm guitars, the other is the Mark IIC++ for the lead guitar parts.

Acoustic was mic'd with an SM57 and recorded at the same time plugged into the AxeFX through the USA Clean with no cab block. The combo of the mic going into my audio interface, combined with the piezo pickup plugged through the USA clean preset seems to work well.. gives a nice rounded tone.

Bass is Ampeg SV patch.

Glad to see some more Diamond fans here. Abigail was my intro to that whole circle too, saw the family ghost on headbangers ball. Laughed at it, thought it was ridiculous.. then it got stuck in my head and now that record is probably my top 5 of all time. If I was to do another cover I'd probably go for A Mansion In Darkness.

Anyways, thanks again for listening, glad you enjoyed it. A friend of mine is going to attempt to do some vocals over it so I'll repost it when that's done in case anyone wants to hear it.

Back
Top Bottom