FM3 A Thousand Hallelujahs + I Exalt Thee | lead guitar [live]

Tell us about your rig and preset..
You are really nailing great P-Dub tones.
Thanks! It's a little complicated...that's what I love about fractal. I get these wild ideas and can scratch that creative itch. I'm playing through a Hagstrom F200P with TV Jones P90s. I run a few dirt pedals before the FM3 with a treble booster as my main drive pedal. I use the volume knob on my guitar to get my clean tones and switch to the bridge pickup (volume knob controls the neck only) for my overdriven sound. Treble boost + volume pot = heaven for me. I like to occasionally kick on a fuzz (Cusack screamer fuzz) for more drive. I built a simple looper pedal to switch from my treble boost to the fuzz...they don't really play well together. I also have an J Rocket Archer Clean for a k-style boost for a thicker (usually darker) sound.

For amp/cab choices, I usually use 2 amps (guitar dependent), a cleanish (gritty) and dirty amp, both set to break up when I dig in on the bridge. IR's stay the same...I use the 1x12 Class-A 15W #2 57M Brt YA (factory 1, #218) as my core IR running into a compressor. I've got another IR (Jensen Tornado) running into the pitch block (my take on a TC mimiq). The detune voicing are connected separately to sine waves that varies the pitch and panned hard L&R with different delay times).

I like to use different types of delays...that's really how my scenes are built. I like brighter .8th delay after the cab if I want a more distinct delay sound. On that particular channel I set up a controller on the level of the delays to compliment my use of the volume knob. Louder repeats on when I've rolled my volume knob back and quieter repeats when I dig in on the bridge (or kick on pedal). I've got another delay block before the amp/cab that I'll use for a darker, more "smeared" delay sound. I've got some other more ambient delay types that will use either or both of the blocks, depending on scene.

My main washy reverb sound is from the plexdly block...I control the mix with an expression pedal. I'll kick on a chorus occasionally, I think the Tri Chorus. I also run a Strymon Flint in the loop...I use the trem on it alot. I use just a touch of short reverb on it as well.

I'll use a PEQ block at the end of the chain for a 1-2db boost with a little EQ for popping out of the mix. Good FOH techs will know the songs well and when to push lead stuff...this is just in case we have a more inexperienced tech who's afraid to push faders.

Chorus/Amp/PEQ are not scene dependent. I have these set on a different view so I can jump into them easily.

BPM is controlled with a Disaster Area SmartClock...keeps the FM3 and Strymon in time depending on song.

I think the last time I updated my workflow was when FW8 came out.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 9.26.36 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 9.26.36 AM.png
    642.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 9.55.45 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 9.55.45 AM.png
    766.9 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom