A strange boast from Line 6...

jonPhillips

Inspired
Talking about their forthcoming Pod HD :

A little more information on the IR loader:

'.. the IR loader is something we are pushing to have on the HD500. I'll tell that you won't be using it much if you want the best tone out of it because our native cabinets use technology which will make you forget all about conventional impulse responses. think of it as a spatially aware impulse. its way is beyond the scope of the impulse responses you can find on the web.'

I would imagine the good fellas over at Redwire will be watching with interest ;)

maybe theyre responses but with reverb and reflections from the room etc included.

But it strikes me as removing flexibility, as you want a tight clean response with the option of adding room dynamics ontop if you want.

Thing to remember is that the comments quoted did not come from anyone at Line 6; it's conjecture and speculation.

I've seen that quote and now seen it repeated a dozen times. Time will tell; but it's dangerous business to spend all your time speculating about something that isn't even released yet in this manner... if you believe in accuracy at all. Renken is the only guy I've seen with actual credentials that posted anything about the HD series, and he didn't post that. So, there you are. I don't know either way, but getting all worked up over something like this.... meh.

Scott Peterson said:
don't know either way, but getting all worked up over something like this.... meh.

It's simply awesome to get worked up over something like this! ;) Feels just like when I heard the AxeFX for the first time, and yeah, i got worked up over it before I've played it.

Clawfinger said:
Scott Peterson said:
don't know either way, but getting all worked up over something like this.... meh.

It's simply awesome to get worked up over something like this! ;) Feels just like when I heard the AxeFX for the first time, and yeah, i got worked up over it before I've played it.

I agree but was totally justified with the Axe Fx and it kept getting better and better once I got it.

My whole thing is simply this - and it's for anything in life, not just Line 6, Fractal or gear in general - try it first then get excited. Expectations have a way of being exciting yes, but setting up expectations almost - almost - almost always results in disappointment.

Just a cynic at heart. :D

Try it first. In real life, then get all hyped up. That's my way. :D

Scott Peterson said:
My whole thing is simply this - and it's for anything in life, not just Line 6, Fractal or gear in general - try it first then get excited. Expectations have a way of being exciting yes, but setting up expectations almost - almost - almost always results in disappointment.

Don't know about that advice, Scott...
You're taking a whole lotta excitement away from adolescents looking forward to having sex. Or ... you're encouraging them to have it right away and get excited afterwards. :mrgreen:

yek said:
Scott Peterson said:

Don't know about that advice, Scott...
You're taking a whole lotta excitement away from adolescents looking forward to having sex. Or ... you're encouraging them to have it right away and get excited afterwards. :mrgreen:

Whatever works, (been there, done that sorta perspective). LOL. :D :D :D

Ya man! I'm having kids of that age now. Remarkable how perspective can change, he he :lol: :lol:
Luckily they are all boys. It's different with girls. :twisted:
Oh well, back on-topic!

Back
Top Bottom