A question for the lovers of OH's Factory #147 cab

indeloon85

Inspired
This IR is stupid good. I've always loved vintage 30's but this cab sounds so good with a plexi in front of it. It's got the right bit of bite and growl. What an IR!

My question is what other cabs would have this sound? I'm guessing the V3 version of it is great, which I'll pick up, but any other recommendations for an IR lover of this cab?

Just to be clear, Factory 147 is "4x12 Mar-CB M-BB-55 Mix (OH)"

The 75 Hz version of the same speaker is stupid good as well but is not available as of yet in the Mar CB cab. Check out the Bog cab for this speaker. Killer sounding cab as well.

The 75 Hz version of the same speaker is stupid good as well but is not available as of yet in the Mar CB cab. Check out the Bog cab for this speaker. Killer sounding cab as well.

Awesome! I'll have to check that one out. Do you prefer the 75hz over the 55hz? Just hearing some youtube comparisons, do the 75hz speakers typically have more top end?

Awesome! I'll have to check that one out. Do you prefer the 75hz over the 55hz? Just hearing some youtube comparisons, do the 75hz speakers typically have more top end?

I do prefer the 75 Hz version. I just prefer speakers that, "cut" right through all the shenanigans. :) The 55 Hz Celestion speakers were originally intended for a bass setup and is why they sound darker but found historic favor with guitar players to tame down the brightness of a British guitar amp. Typically the difference between 55 and 75 Hz of the Celestions is low end roll off and upper mid range. The major difference between these two, "Blackback" examples (to me) is the upper mid range. What I found as well is that the cab that the speakers were sampled in make a strong impact on the overall character.

IMO the MAR CB and the BOG have the most character in the V3 libraries... kind of like a 100 year old Victorian home compared to a modern day new home... more character. :) ... but whether you like the character, or not is all subjective as with one's preference of speaker.

Factory #147???? Must be ONLY for the XL models, as I have the MKII and only have 132 Factory IR's.
Which I thought we had more then that.

Also check out Ownhamner L-BB from his site, lots of the same flavour, but I like it more than m-bb.

I do prefer the 75 Hz version. I just prefer speakers that, "cut" right through all the shenanigans. :) The 55 Hz Celestion speakers were originally intended for a bass setup and is why they sound darker but found historic favor with guitar players to tame down the brightness of a British guitar amp. Typically the difference between 55 and 75 Hz of the Celestions is low end roll off and upper mid range. The major difference between these two, "Blackback" examples (to me) is the upper mid range. What I found as well is that the cab that the speakers were sampled in make a strong impact on the overall character.

IMO the MAR CB and the BOG have the most character in the V3 libraries... kind of like a 100 year old Victorian home compared to a modern day new home... more character. :) ... but whether you like the character, or not is all subjective as with one's preference of speaker.

I'll definitely check out the 75hz in the Bogner. I have a few other speakers from that cab and love it.

Kinda off topic but have you tried the Alnico Silver in it? Just reading thru the forum about people loving that speaker in that can as well.

Back
Top Bottom