A question about the s/pdif connection

Denis

Inspired
Hi folks,

I use the Edirol fa-101 as a sound interface and I would like to connect the axe II to the edirol with the s/pdif but I'm not sure if that is possible.The edirol has an Digital input connector (optical) see the foto : 35_G_1255590544077.jpg
The Axe II I think uses a coaxial cable, so is this cable the solution or is there anything else : Amazon.com: 6ft Toslink to Mini Toslink Cable: Electronics

I tried to connect it with xlr cable and 1/4'' cable but the sound wasn't the same like when I played the axe just by itself .When I record with usb the sound is the same but then I must use the axe the audio interface and I don't want to do that.I think if I can connect it with the s/pdif than it wouldn't color the sound like it does (through the xlr and 1/4" cables).

You'd need something like this Amazon.com: C2G / Cables to Go 40018 Coaxial to Optical Digital Audio Converter: Electronics. The cable you posted won't work, Mini Toslink is not coaxial.
And why wouldn't you want to use the Axe-Fx as an audio interface?

Thanks for the reply.I tried to use the Axe as an sound interface but when I use a certain amount of vst instruments and plugins it doesn't work really well,it starts to do strange noises like it can't handle it or something and I never had those kind of problems with my Edirol.Maybe I am doing something wrong I guess :|

Back
Top Bottom