Wish A programmable input volume & eq section independent of patches.

DavidCarrMusic

Inspired
I just acquired a near mint '89 Burny copy of a Firebird VII, sporting neck through body construction, banjo tuners and authentic pickups. I impatiently wanted to play it at a show but it has super low and really bright output, turning my go-to crunch tone for my 335 into a clean tone.
In that band I run 8 highly tweeked presets each with 6 scenes so to accommodate new guitar day I ended up placing my old Ibanez Master series graphic in front of my FM9 to match the volume and tone to good effect. It still sounded like a Firebird but with more girth and gain.
Naturally, having this state of the art FM9 on the floor with a solitary battery powered stomp box in front of it got me thinking how useful it would be to have a similar function at the input stage, rather than having to commit to guitars and presets all the time.
Every day could be new guitar day !!

Yes, there are ways to do this within presets but since this is the wish list. . . . . :)

Last edited:
Global Input Gain will easily handle the input level issue.
yes but that requires: leaning down - press setup - scroll to in/out - press enter - select input gain and adjust - press home - stand up and not faint. Change guitars. Repeat for next change.
The external pedal is my best option atm. Hence, my post :)

yes but that requires: leaning down - press setup - scroll to in/out - press enter - select input gain and adjust - press home - stand up and not faint. Change guitars. Repeat for next change.
The external pedal is my best option atm. Hence, my post :)

If you use a performance control you can at least simplify that to: Lean down and adjust input gain.

P.S. I think the wish for input gain and eq presets you can save/recall is a good idea. Same goes for output eq.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom