A possible idea for either a touch screen with the current Fx III or a new perform foot controller

johnnyspys

Inspired
Perhaps its not possible but.....

Does anyone think it would be possible to create a small controller, say the size of the FM3, that is an add on to the FC-12 that could replicate axe edit III? Touch screen or not it would be kind of awesome to make it easier to edit parameters on the fly without too much menu diving.

If this is impossible, imagine at least a smaller pedal with dials like the front of the FXIII where your performance parameters could be adjusted. Even say the size of a boss pedal or a little bit bigger with LEDs and six knobs that are assigned from the performance page. I have gotten pretty good and editing the FX III via the panel, but it would be awesome to adjust parameters with a pedal where you don't have to menu dive, and perhaps each preset could be assigned different parameters. Besides wanting to adjust eq, sometimes I play rooms where the reverb is too dry while others it seems to wet. When I have a five second line check and then we play, it would be better have something quick I can adjust between songs.

I know I could probably find a midi device that could do this after some heavy creative customization, but it would be so much cooler to have a Fractal product that just works and is plug in play?

How about Fracpad III? I have mine on ipad connected via Yamaha MD-BT01. To me it's priceless. It works on most tablets and laptops IIRC. Free for Windows and Mac.

Last edited:
How about Fracpad III on an iPad? I have mine connected via Yamaha MD-BT01. To me it's priceless.
You have the fractal III hooked up to the iPad? What app are you using? Or is this a suggestion. I like the idea but for on the fly during a show it could be cumbersome.

I have it for the FM3, the Yamaha MD-BT01 is a Bluetooth interface. It all should work with the AF3. The FM3 has been known to fry the Yamahas but mine inexplicably stays cool. FM3 midi ports sends 5V power and most bt midi interfaces need 3.2V. I don't know about the AF3 midi ports. There's a DIY adapter fix for the FM3 issue.
A perform page in fracpad would be nice although I only use it on rehearsals. On performances I don't tweak. Got enough work playing the songs to worry about the details. Tones should be ready by then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom