A Perfect Circle - Billy Howerdel's tone investigating

Can you nail the Hollow effect tone yet? That thing has been chased forever... its a bunch of studio plugins

Do you mean the part at 0:20? If so, the closest I can get is a Ring Mod block at a fairly low mix - pretty sure that's Scene 2 in the preset. I guess once you start getting into plugin territory it gets increasingly difficult to replicate.

hi there!! i really want to try your preset, it sounds awesome!!
can you upload them again please! it seems that the files are not working files anymore:(
i get a .syx.txt file
any help??

That's odd - I just tried it from a 3rd party PC and it seemed to download fine. I'm not the most technical person so I'm not sure why it would add a .txt file extension. I usually upload from my macbook - not sure if that might affect it somehow? I can try sending them direct to you?

That's odd - I just tried it from a 3rd party PC and it seemed to download fine. I'm not the most technical person so I'm not sure why it would add a .txt file extension. I usually upload from my macbook - not sure if that might affect it somehow? I can try sending them direct to you?
thanks man! i really appreciate it! heres my email johngcs@hotmail.com

Are there any parts in APC where his tone is completely isolated? I've had great results tone matching and mixing that with the the usual axe fx chain.

Back
Top Bottom