AFIII A little VHT love

moshwitz

Inspired
Sup? :)

I was going through some of the amps that don't get much attention from me a week or so ago to see If any of the newer changes over the last couple revisions have maybe made something catch my ear. I've never really Loved the VHT sim,, but was having a little fun riffin on something I'm working up with it. Still not totally in love with it but I did save it ....so that's something......lol

This is just a phone vid with My Vader cab and the axe coming through the monitors playing the drums and the first take, I used OLA's "The One" IR in the axe.

Here is the track as it was recording during the vid. no Vader,, just the Axe with the IR. might be a little boomy as it is no processing just the raw takes.

MOSHON
DAVE

Last edited:
Sounds not bad and too better in case of the real cabinet . What speakers are built in?
I'm gonna say kinda like Eminence Legends. but not. According to Vader official " the OG speakers were a custom design very similar to their old Modeling speaker that they quit making around 2003." unfortunately,, the Eminence IR in the axe sounds nothing like it.

MOSHON
DAVE

Nice! That is a solid rhythm tone.

The D60 model in the Axe is one that I've spent some time trying to dial in as well. It sounds good but somehow lacks the magic I remember when playing a D120 at a local shop. I think the model fails to capture the way that the gain I knob affects the real amp's pre-gain EQ structure. With Gain I set low the amp is thinner and has more chime and it gets much thicker sounding as you turn up the gain I knob. Gain II does not impact the EQ. The beauty of the design is that you can use varying combinations of the two gain stages to get tones that are very different in terms of feel / timbre but with about the same degree of clipping. It can do thick, fat clean and edge of breakup tones or it can be dialed to sound thin and cutting as well. It is super versatile for a single channel design. To my (admittedly far from golden) ears, the model does not seem to exhibit this distinctive behavior.

Nice! That is a solid rhythm tone.

The D60 model in the Axe is one that I've spent some time trying to dial in as well. It sounds good but somehow lacks the magic I remember when playing a D120 at a local shop. I think the model fails to capture the way that the gain I knob affects the real amp's pre-gain EQ structure. With Gain I set low the amp is thinner and has more chime and it gets much thicker sounding as you turn up the gain I knob. Gain II does not impact the EQ. The beauty of the design is that you can use varying combinations of the two gain stages to get tones that are very different in terms of feel / timbre but with about the same degree of clipping. It can do thick, fat clean and edge of breakup tones or it can be dialed to sound thin and cutting as well. It is super versatile for a single channel design. To my (admittedly far from golden) ears, the model does not seem to exhibit this distinctive behavior.

Right on,, Thanks :) yeah there has always been something about this model that I cant make jive the way I like it,,, always close but something I cant dial in quite right.

MOSHON
DAVE

Sounds nice! I like this model too. I think preset #37 is an awesome dirty rhythm tone 'as is', but with a couple tweaks (I love cab #757 with that model, can't recall if that was the stock cab or I swapped it over) it's killer! Reminds me a little of the dry, tight and crunchy tone from Vinnie Moore's Out of Nowhere album (not sure what was used there - just saying this tone feels similar...and that's good)!

Back
Top Bottom