a little first time recording help please!

Kaldeth

I'm looking for some help with my recoding setup. I don't have much as I am just starting to get into recording some with my axe fx, but what I would like to do is run direct into my computer from the axe fx via usb and record with cubase. I'm looking for any direction on how to get cubase set up to see my axe fx as an input and get the audio from it, I can't seem to find that option anywhere in the menus... I appreciate any help. :)

The simplest way is to let the Axe be the 'audio interface' that Cubase will use for audio in/out. In cubase, you should have a 'preferences' page you can open to select available audio interfaces from - where you select AxeFXII USB. Then, when you create an audio 'track' to record on in Cubase, you choose an input for that track, and an output for that track - probably a tab or button within the track you click on to make your choices - so choose the AxeFX USB channel 1 as the track input, and choose your 'master' bus for the track output. (note: I am a Sonar user but i imagine Cubase is similar - if i'm wrong about that someone will chime in... :pride:).

Thanks, what you explained makes a lot of sense. I do see some similar option within Cubase that I can try out and see if they work.

Back
Top Bottom