A little chord help please. I haz the dumbz

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
OK, so my new band is a wedding function band and "Love Shack by the B 52's is one of the songs that we're doing.

2nd to last chord in the chorus...

"The Love Shack..... (C Maj) Is a little of a place where (G Minor #5) We can can (A Min #5) Get together (Bb????) (C Major)

Is getting on my nerves because i just cant seem to hear the chord with everything else going on.

A little help please?

I'm thinking that it could be a Bb Maj, following the verse chords (C Maj, Bb Maj)

OK, so my new band is a wedding function band and "Love Shack by the B 52's is one of the songs that we're doing.

2nd to last chord in the chorus...

"The Love Shack..... (C Maj) Is a little of a place where (G Minor #5) We can can (A Min #5) Get together (Bb????) (C Major)

Is getting on my nerves because i just cant seem to hear the chord with everything else going on.

A little help please?

I'm thinking that it could be a Bb Maj, following the verse chords (C Maj, Bb Maj)

I haven't heard the tune in ages and don't want to now, but based on the sequence you wrote, assuming it's correct, I'm gonna guess Ab/Bb.

That means an Abmaj triad with a Bb in the bass.

Can't really say why I hear that based on any logic, except that it works nicely with Bb in the bass.
But it does seem likely and does seem to fit my vague memory of the tune.

Not sure Chris, It seemed to fit harmonically, but I think that Bakerman is right. I told you I had the dumbz today.

The Gm#5 is actually the 1st inversion of an Eb chord (can also be called Eb/G). Am#5 is the first inversion of F (also called F/A). The last chord is Bb second inversion with the F in the bass (Bb/F).

That's what it sounds like to me anyway.

The Gm#5 is actually the 1st inversion of an Eb chord (can also be called Eb/G). Am#5 is the first inversion of F (also called F/A). The last chord is Bb second inversion with the F in the bass (Bb/F).

That's what it sounds like to me anyway.

I love me some first-inversion chord voicings! One of my favorite chords :)

I know those chords are the same, but to get to the point of naming them that way, surely you heard the bass note as a G instead of a Bb?

Last edited:
I just listened to this on youtube.

It's an Abmaj chord.
The melody is Bb so technically it's Ab(add9).

C7 |Eb |F |Ab(add9) | C etc.

I don't think that I heard the G in the bass per se, I heard the 5th, 3rd and root of the rest of the chord and the bass note worked. You are right in what you're saying though buddy.

Back
Top Bottom