A little AIC tone matching...

When you say "tone match", do you mean you used a Tone Match block, or do you mean you copied the tone by ear? Sounds great, btw. Is the second part the original recording?

Yes I used the tone match block. 1st part is me playing (double tracked the guitars - both parts), 2nd part is the original.

Yes I used the tone match block. 1st part is me playing (double tracked the guitars - both parts), 2nd part is the original.

I tried tone matching this song from the intro but I didn't get nearly such good results. In fact, tone matching rarely works for me. I am looking for presets to work with live, however, not to record with. Is there anything else going on in your preset besides amp and TM block? What does your amp's graphic EQ curve look like?

I tried tone matching this song from the intro but I didn't get nearly such good results. In fact, tone matching rarely works for me. I am looking for presets to work with live, however, not to record with. Is there anything else going on in your preset besides amp and TM block? What does your amp's graphic EQ curve look like?

Honestly it's the HBE amp and straight up Tone Match block. Nothing else. Amp EQ is set like this:

I started with all the EQ at 5.00, then tweaked them to the settings below...

Input Drive = 8
Input Trim = 1.000
Bass = 4.00
Mid = 5.00
Treb = 7.50 (Bright switch on)
Bright = 0.00
Pres = 5.50
Depth = 4.00
Master Volume = 5.00

I had trouble at first with Tone Matching. Then I figured out it works best for me when you use a single guitar sample, meaning left or right guitar track. Get a good sample and loop it, let the Axe Fx get a really good sample of the guitar tone. Then when you play your guitar, play the same riff you are attempting to match.

I had trouble at first with Tone Matching. Then I figured out it works best for me when you use a single guitar sample, meaning left or right guitar track. Get a good sample and loop it, let the Axe Fx get a really good sample of the guitar tone. Then when you play your guitar, play the same riff you are attempting to match.
Ah, interesting idea to tone match a mono sample, and makes perfect sense. I'm gonna give this a go tomorrow. Cheers. :)

Back
Top Bottom