A G-System user switching to Axe FX ??

Merlin

Experienced
I ordered an Ultra today and with a bit of luck friday it will be here :cool:

I was gassing for it for over a year allready And decided to buy one since we can try it for a couple of weeks.

I am planning to use it on 2 Rolands JC-120 in stereo which i now use with me G-system and a rivera knucklehead or a marshall 6100 (the last 2 are now main used for gigging and rehearsel)

I am really hoping that the effects are at least as good as the G-system which i also love (but has to go if the Axe stays) and offcourse the drive and amp modeling... if thats good enough i can gig and rehearse with a roland or better through the pa, instead of carrying a stack..

Does anyone use the Axe over a JC or rather stereo 2 jc,s ? Not much on the forum about that.

I don't know about your JC-120's but I can comment about the G-system. Yes, the effects are as good and are fully routable where in the G-system you are stuck with the inherent configuration. Also, having the effects come after all the distortion (including the poweramp section). The only part of the G-system I miss is the awesome footcontroller. But I just ordered a Liquid Foot so that should do it!

True about the footcontroler .. it feels like a step back to go to a ground control pro...

I am a bit worried about the chorus though.. i am really a chorus junky in my clean and the TC chorus comes close to perfection for me and i couldn,t find a demo from the quad chorus from the ultra :(

But i really can,t wait to get the Axe ..

i used to run a gsystem with a mesa roadster and 1x12 cab.

i bought the axefx and was gonna integrate it into the rig at first; just use everything.

then i wised up one night and just tried the axe fx direct... sold everything else after that!

the tc sounds great, but the lag in the volume and expression pedals killed me... got it to switch my roadster, but there were like, 10+ cables to plug in, mics, etc.

now i just run an xlr to the board, one to my powered FRFR monitor and everything else is prewired in the rack. currently using an all access for foot control, but can't wait for the fractal foot controller to come out.

i think you'll have fun with the axe. just remember that you can put anything anywhere - a blessing and a curse (at first anyway). the tc dictates where you put the delay and filter and mod etc etc...

you may spend a bit of time getting used to the interface, but i guarantee you'll enjoy it just as much if not better than the tc.

I've been using my G-System as a controller for about 18 months with my Ultra and i love it!
I use the Bank Up/Down and buttons 1 through 4 for selecting presets.
Preset button 5 is a dedicated Tap Tempo button.
Filter button toggles Tuner (doubles as mute)
This leaves me with 9 buttons available for I/A of which i use 8.

It's actually a very flexible controller IMO and it's very hard for me to give it up for just a standard controller because i really like the feel of it, plus it doubles as a backup should the Ultra ever go down mid-show....

Nice to see that you guys are happy with it, really can,t wait till friday :p

Is there none who runs it through a JC 120 ?

Back
Top Bottom