A Fractal presence in enemy territory at NAMM.

Brock

Experienced
IMG_0102.jpg

Preface: I swear I didn't do this on purpose.

A good friend of mine had used and recommended the Kemper to me for years, and I the Axe-Fx to him. (He now uses both (but seems to have a preference for the Axe-Fx).) The NAMM show was my first opportunity to check out the Kemper.

Anyway, not really mindful of what shirt I was wearing, I walked into the Kemper booth. I noticed four Kemper reps immediately staring daggers at me when I walked in, and I was thinking 'WTF??'. One of them told me I needed to switch shirts. I looked down to see what shirt I was wearing and all immediately became clear to me. I actually kind of felt like an asshole.

I started talking with the "Cliff" of Kemper, Christoph, and people, mostly comprised of their employees, started taking pictures. All were pretty amused, Christoph included.

Christoph then gave me a person tour of the unit. In short, I was very impressed. Concerns I had about the unit given demos I've heard were allayed. Based on my experience today, I agree with the many, many guys on this forum who have played both units and found both to be entirely wonderful and legit.

EDIT: Please, please, PLEASE let's not make this a Axe-Fx vs. Kemper thread. That was not my intent at all and there are already plenty of those.

Last edited:
Their crew has worked hard to make regular, steady improvements in their unit as well. Both serve a good purpose, and different strokes for different folks. If you get to own both, it's a true have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too opportunity.

Funny, Had the same kinda thing happen myself. At the Kemper, Line 6, and Atomic booths.........I was wearing a 'Fractal Audio' hat...lol

Ah so it was you I saw at X-Jamm last night when I said "Nice Shirt" in the queue. Didn't get to talk to
you after that unfortunately. What a night of guitar playing that was.

Ah so it was you I saw at X-Jamm last night when I said "Nice Shirt" in the queue. Didn't get to talk to
you after that unfortunately. What a night of guitar playing that was.
It was me! Great show. So much talent, right??

Back
Top Bottom