a Florida axe aholics meeting

Well we got some interest! does any one know of a good place around Tampa? I would be glad to put it on at my truck shop in lake Panasoffkee (exit 321 I75 hwy 470 1 hour north of Tampa) at my truck shop free but looks like most are Tampa area.

Paranoid, looks like you are the middle ground. Some South and some North. Nice of you to offer your place.

If we agree to head to Paranoid's place, could we possibly look at the 3rd weekend in January...I know guitarz is leaving but Saturday the 17th could be cool. The first couple weekends are still pretty busy around here, already have commitments.
Maybe check in with M about a date or two when he will be around. I am open to other dates, yet that would be best for me.

This will be fun...

Sent pm to M awaiting reply! my place is fine but it is a truck shop not a studio but it is in the country has clean bathroom plenty of parking and we should be able to play at a fair volume with out police. 3rd weekend would be okay shop is open till noon on sat so sunday would be better but if sat is better for every one else I could move sats work to sunday. If nobody has a better place to meet.

There's a couple of studios in Tampa. Maybe if we all chipped in we could rent one for a day. Morrisound is big with a nice live room.

BTW I'm in Tampa as well.

Studio with a big room could be a cool idea...insulated, probably comfy temp-wise, if there are enough people to split costs.

Does he offer a daily rate? Maybe give him a call and check it out.

I'd be down for that in Tampa. I could bring my JP and of course help split costs for whatever studio we decide to use.

Sarasota Here but often in Tampa and Orlando. The orlando guitar show is mid january too - FYI. I welcome and support a group meeting very much. Let me know possibilities for such an event. Happy Holidays to all. Cheers Brian

how about maybe march or so? more time to plan. Any one with studio ideas maybe could get some info to decide on a location. Price, time features, size, etc. then we can have some options to vote on to try and make this as fair for every one as possible.

Sounds good to me.
I think the initial push was trying to put something together more quickly since M was coming to FL.
March is fine by me. No rush necessarily...We are all around, HA!!

The place that I rehearse at is in Seminole, FL and is more south Tampa area. The rates are reasonable, yet the rooms are small for a bigger get together. I would think we need a larger space if more than a handful of people will be coming.

Other options for studio space?? $50/hr is pretty steep. Although if many come and there is a discount for a whole day, maybe that would be more workable. Rehearsal space is more in the $15-$20/hr range and less as you book more time.

I'll be standing by and will go with the flow on this...will be a good time regardless.

Back
Top Bottom