A FEW OF THESE FROM A FEW OF THESE...(IR's)

schlagdog

Inspired
Did some IR's today with my mic's and power sections of my amps. I could actually spend about 12 hours doing this with the number of cabs I have but just hit the Warhead.
AMPS: Peavey XXX, Mesa Triple Rec, Randall RM100, Mosvalve 500
MICS: SM57, SENN 609, Langevin CR3A
CAB: Randall Warhead V30

These sound best with the AXEFX power amp sims OFF since they used a power section of an amp to make them. The SAG is either OFF or at 0.01 is blowing your face up on the AX2. I wish it was some sort of a slow blend between off and on. So your patches that have the power amps sims on will be most likely be blowing your face up so you will want to start SAG free and tweak the amp or just go balls out and tweak it up SAG on.
Here are just a few of all 3 mic's mixed together for a full sound. I backed the Presence down to noon on the Randall just to just get a difference sound completely than the others.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• V30 4X12 MESA BOLD DIODE 3 MIC.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 123
  • V30 4X12 XXX SM57-609-CR3A MIX.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 99
  • V30 4X12 MOSVALVE 3 MIC MIX.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 95
  • V30 4X12 RANDALL RM100 3 MIC.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Here is a new one I just did minus the SENN 609 and I added another SM57 at a 45' angle. Less midrange than the 609 version and I switched the power section of the XXX to the MID DAMPING mode so its less booming bass and highs. Sounds nice even with the power amp sim on on high gain amps.
XXX Power Section 6l6
MICS-SM57-SM57 45'-CR3A

Attachments

• V30 4X12 XXX SM57-SM57 45'-CR3A.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 94
Hey great work schlagdog! I'll try them as soon as I can. I captured my own ENGL2X12V30, 4X12 MESA Roadking 2xBlack Shadows C90 and 2xMESA Roadking v30. They sounded extremely accurate but when I exported them so I can used them as stand alone file and re-imported them to check if they were working there was no sound at all and I lost them completely. Oh and I renamed them after I exported them. What did I do wrong? What's the correct way? do you know?

Also, now that I saw what you said about the Axe's power sims off: When I captured the cabs I knowingly set cabs of (of course) and power sims off as well. What;s the best way to capture the neutral response of the actual cab? Imean, listen the sound of the actual cab through the Axe after you've captured it?

The best way to get a neutral sound from the cab is to just use a neutral poweramp when capturing. The first batch of these I used my guitar heads power section so it adds a bunch of difference frequencies that the heads power section has. The Mesa adds lowend and high more than the others. So the poweramp section of the axe might be too much or you might tweak it up and get it sounding extra good. The Mosvalve one with be the flattest since its a SS poweramp.

hey I'm keen to try these, but I can't get axeomatic going for whatever reason. Not sure if its just my machine or if the file download from ownhammer is corrupt. I'm trying to run the 32 bit version on my win7 32 bit machine

hey I'm keen to try these, but I can't get axeomatic going for whatever reason. Not sure if its just my machine or if the file download from ownhammer is corrupt. I'm trying to run the 32 bit version on my win7 32 bit machine

I just downloaded it on my Win 7 32 bit laptop. UAC pops up to ask about running it every time unless you have UAC turned off or tell it to not do so for that file anymore. Upon first run, Avast Free shut it down within a second. Upon second run, it forced it into a sandbox. On other machines with other or no AV's, it runs the first time. Only after telling the AV on the laptop it was not malware did it run, and ran fine. I'd suspect you are having similar issues, or your browser did not download the file completely.

weird, i don't get any warnings from mcafee. I actually used it months and months ago on this machine successfully, but must have deleted the file since then, and that why i just re-downloaded it.

AAAAAHHHH i use google chrome. I just downloaded it with firefox and it completely works now. I discover problems with chrome all the time.. i think this confims it. chrome is shit, im going back to firefox

thanks ownhammer. I'll try these IRs tomorrow and let you know how it goes s-dog!

What version of Axe-O-Matic does it say you have? The website says the version is 5.0.7 but when I run it it still says 2.20 in Help/About. I downloaded the Windows 64-bit version.

i found the IR with the two SM57s to be the most useable for me. It sounds a bit more realistic than the gen1 axe-fx stock 4x12 V30 cab, which seems to have too much bass emphasis. I will keep your IR handy for sure, thanks

Back
Top Bottom