A few of my Favorite factory presets

GuyJames

Inspired
I don’t really subscribe to “best” anything but man poking around the presets I’ve found so many amazing tones.

So far my go to’s are…

Limelight - for rock bliss
ODS 100 for blues
New Country - for twangin

What are some your favorites for specific applications. I’m still reading the manual and exploring presets before diving into building anything.

Not so much presets as certain amps & cabs. I've yet to spend a week or 3 of sampling presets to determine what my favorites might be. Like some, I dove right in and explored building my own presets to develop my ear for various amp and cab tones. That way, I'm not using someone else's ears or ideas for how one's favorites should sound...I also realize that there are a variety of viewpoints of how certain songs or tones were imitated with these presets; I've just not found the time to listen to each yet...

However, it is likely that the ones suggested on the G66 YT page directed me to the EJ Clean for starters. What might be a workaround to sampling each preset myself is to view the G66 page with Steffen Mueller sampling 5 at a time. Not sure where he is now, but somewhere upwards of 175 or so...

Been relearning Rush tunes and love the Fly By Night and Lime Light presets! Those two presets alone can pretty much cover tones from the first album to Moving Pictures with a little tweaking (haven't tried with albums beyond that). I really blend in with the mix using these presets. So much fun! Makes me feel better than I really am :laughing:

Variations on the Petrucci Rig (no surprise there)
Spandex & Hairspray
Meatloaf
Mr. Floyd
Mark Day's Recto for when I want wall-to-wall delay

I'm mostly a child of 80's chorus & high gain stuff.

Variations on the Petrucci Rig (no surprise there)
Spandex & Hairspray
Meatloaf
Mr. Floyd
Mark Day's Recto for when I want wall-to-wall delay

I'm mostly a child of 80's chorus & high gain stuff.
Mr. Floyd! I forgot to mention this one, too. One of my favorites.

I took my FM9 to it's first band rehearsal last night. I did not make the time to prepare a bunch of presets for reinforcement at volume. So, I used a quickly prepared Dirty Shirley preset and the scenes contained therein. I was pretty happy with the sound I was able to get without much fuss. Pretty good Marshall/ muscle tone. Needs more tweaking, tho, to liven it up somewhat. All in good time

I took my FM9 to it's first band rehearsal last night. I did not make the time to prepare a bunch of presets for reinforcement at volume. So, I used a quickly prepared Dirty Shirley preset and the scenes contained therein. I was pretty happy with the sound I was able to get without much fuss. Pretty good Marshall/ muscle tone. Needs more tweaking, tho, to liven it up somewhat. All in good time
I feel you you, I’m holding off until I really get my head around using the unit without the editor hooked up.

I need to try more of these presets. My son is home in between jobs, has a Jazzmaster. I set him up with the Double Verb preset. The last scene is totally surf with this guitar. Massive reverb and twang. Nowhere near as good with my Strat however.

Back
Top Bottom