A cry for help (Solved!)

Dino334

Inspired
ive very recently developed a problem I hope someone can give me advice on. AxeFx XL, had it for several years and am pretty proficient with it. You know how your sound breaks up when you've maxed your CPU, like there is static? Or when you have active pups and the 9 volt is going dead? Well mine is doing that now on clean, low gain, and you can really hear it on high gain patches. This is with patches that are around 60% CPU. I've tried different guitars, different cables, different strings, you name it. It is on all of my patches/scenes. I can't get rid of it. I've even reinstalled the latest firmware twice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Try using the rear input? or running your patches direct out of output 2 via the fx loop...? Just offering some troubleshooting ideas.

Try setting up a new preset with just 'Shunts' all the way across the grid, except for one 'Filter' block with the level at max (20 dB). Is it still there? Output #1?, Output #2 (with 'Echo' enabled), The Headphone out?

Record a clip via USB with the 'USB/DIGI OUT SOURCE' set to OUTPUT 1, then OUTPUT 2, then INPUT. Do any of those clips crackle?

ive very recently developed a problem I hope someone can give me advice on. AxeFx XL, had it for several years and am pretty proficient with it. You know how your sound breaks up when you've maxed your CPU, like there is static? Or when you have active pups and the 9 volt is going dead? Well mine is doing that now on clean, low gain, and you can really hear it on high gain patches. This is with patches that are around 60% CPU. I've tried different guitars, different cables, different strings, you name it. It is on all of my patches/scenes. I can't get rid of it. I've even reinstalled the latest firmware twice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post a sound clip or video.

Is your AFX plugged into a computer via USB/SPDIF or any other sort of interface?

I am having what seems like similar problems on a brand new Axe XL+ (please see post titled 'Output Level to Studio Monitors'

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks for your input and advice. I'll try the rear input and a complete new build of the patch, as all of the other suggestions have been exhausted. :( Hoping it is nothing major. You are all the best!

sounds to me like it's an interface issue... is this when recording or playing live? Is a computer involved? Is your AXE your interface?

Like Chucma said, if you are using SPDIF and the sample rate is mis matched it will make that crackle noise. I have that happen a lot when I am plugged into one of my interfaces.

sounds to me like it's an interface issue... is this when recording or playing live? Is a computer involved? Is your AXE your interface?
Not recording, no USB, hearing it both into amp, FOH, and studio monitors. Btw, I'm pretty much right down the street from Disco Bay.

we don't know how things are connected, so it's difficult to suggest a solution.
Simple connection...guitar into axefx, axefx into amp....or axefx into pwr amp and cab, or axefx into monitors....same underlying static. But thanks again everyone for the suggestions. I'll trouble shoot it tomorrow and hope it's a setting or something.

Well after pulling out every last strand of my hair, I found the culprit. Never have I seen this, but my cab block was corrupt. I tried a different cab and boom, it was fine. Reloaded the one I usually use and back to crap it sounded. I pulled up a back up of the one I usually use, placed it in and it sounds great. So the only conclusion I can some to is something was angry in that particular cab block. It wasn't a factory cab…one of the celestion ir's. I truly do appreciate all of the words of advice and help. It is great to be a part of such an outstanding group of musicians. You all rock!!

Well after pulling out every last strand of my hair, I found the culprit. Never have I seen this, but my cab block was corrupt. I tried a different cab and boom, it was fine. Reloaded the one I usually use and back to crap it sounded. I pulled up a back up of the one I usually use, placed it in and it sounds great. So the only conclusion I can some to is something was angry in that particular cab block. It wasn't a factory cab…one of the celestion ir's. I truly do appreciate all of the words of advice and help. It is great to be a part of such an outstanding group of musicians. You all rock!!

I'm really glad it worked out!!!!!!!!!!! Also taking note for future reference.

Back
Top Bottom