A couple of thoughts

alcaldwell

Inspired
Hey guys, I just wanted to post a few thoughts about the new Axe II.

I don't know of another company who could put the two words "Countdown 10" on an internet forum and generate this kind of a buzz about their new product. Other companies spend countless millions on marketing programs. And yes, it gets the word out, but the cost of these programs gets passed on to the consumer. So you pay more for a lesser product. If Fractal had a huge marketing budget, I would expect to pay considerably more for this kind of hardware.

And I think one of the main reasons that this sort of thing can happen is the strength of the unpaid people who come on this site and give up their time to help others and spread the word about the Axe-FX. I am far from the most knowledgeable guy, but I can't count the number of times prospective buyers have thanked me for answering a question. I've always had the belief that if I can help push someone towards buying an Axe-FX (so long as it fits their needs), then it gives Fractal more cash flow and frees Cliff's time up to model a new OD pedal. Or a new amp. Or hardware. And I like new stuff. And I will continue to help out as I can, because I don't see myself ever not liking new stuff.

Don't get me wrong. I'm far some being a guitar guru, both playing-wise and tweaking wise. I've had my Standard now for about 2.5 years. And my plan is to keep it for another 6 months or so and then buy an Axe II. I had the expectation that something newer and better would come along. It always does. It sucks that there are people who feel like they jumped in at the wrong time. I've been there before myself with computers, equipment, or basically anything technology-related.

Anyway, in closing, thanks to all the big and little people who help me make awesome guitar noises to entertain people with. Cliff, thanks for giving us the best, most cutting-edge hardware out there. Moderators and fellow forum members, thanks for continually being fountains of knowledge that I can draw from.

Cheers,
-AL

Back
Top Bottom