A compilation thread of free ultrares IRs

Thanks a lot for your work - but does everybody of the "owners" want to be in this collection?

There are likely a lot of Axe FXII users who still have their favorite real amps and cabs. Most professional musicians have long ago figured out which cabs and speakers work best for the style of music they play and have bought those cabs and speakers. They also know what mics and mic placements give them the sound they prefer. If we all make UltraRes IRs of our favorite real cabs and share them with each other, we will likely have all the UltraRes IRs we’d ever need.

Maybe someone could also make a video showing exactly how to make UltraRes IRs from the Axe FXII. The videos on IR capture I’ve seen were all made before UltraRes was possible.

Maybe someone could also make a video showing exactly how to make UltraRes IRs from the Axe FXII. The videos on IR capture I’ve seen were all made before UltraRes was possible.

Cliff made a video showing how. The process is exactly the same, but the Axe exports the IR as 8k sysex.

Thanks for the initiative and I really don't mean to wet-blanket something so nice.. but why not use Axe Change -The Official Site for Fractal Audio Presets, Cabs and More

?
Because there is no filter for Ultra Res IRs yet. Also, usually the description is usually a little bit lacking in Axe Change.

Thanks a lot for your work - but does everybody of the "owners" want to be in this collection?
That's why I didn't make a .zip file and just provide links. There's nothing illegal in sharing links that are available for a general public anyway.

And yeah, I'd love to see more users sharing their Ultra Res IR captures. I would do some myself if I could, but I don't have even a single cab to capture. ;)

I think this is great. I grabbed each one. I would kindly request that anyone sharing their Ultra Res IR's name them in some sort of standardized way before you send them in. For instance, some of the files are "speaker.syx" --- I just made that up, of course, but once you put the file into your PC, along with 25 other ones, you no longer know what the heck it is. I'd like to see speaker type, cabinet open or closed, mic location and distance and type of power amp used. If someone smarter than me wants to suggest a name format that fits character length-wise, that can be a gentlemen's code so we know those bits of information, I'd be all ears.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom