A bit of constructive criticism please.

NiceChris

Experienced
Hi everyone in FAS Land. I was wondering if you can give me a bit of helpful feedback on the sound clip. I'm just after setting up a clean sound and I'd like to know what you guys think of the sound. BTW it was recorded on a Yamaha Pocketrak W24 as I'm trying to capture the sound of the rig.

Thanks in advance.

PS - I know the playing is a bit hinky :D

I don't know what you're shooting for with the clean sound. Everyone hears things differently. To my ear it has a bit of piezo crackly brittle nature to it that I don't like. Personally I'd roll off some highs. OTOH, that high endy thing may be what you want. I tend to prefer warmer clean sounds, but in the little experience I have with hearing modern metal (and its' variations) with clean sections followed by some form of brutalz, the cleans tend more towards what you've made here, though still not quite as brittle.

What do you question about it? It's your ears you have to please.

yep what mikey says .. to much piezo highs on it. if u want that sitar, accoustic feeling ur good but i prefer other clean tones ^^

Thanks guys. It was more of a test to see if I could make a really brittle tone, and you guys certainly confirm that I've done that. I like the sound, but I don't think that it would work in a band situation.

Once again, thanks for the feedback. :D

Back
Top Bottom