A bigger something new from XiTone Cabs!!!

Hi All, Here are some pics that will tell most of the story! Mono/Stereo - FRFR/nonFRFR 4x12 with 3db pad lifts Front sans the grille Input and Control panel 1/4 inputs - Mono/Stereo selectable - Left input mono to all 4 drivers Toggle switches are for FRFR Bypass options, per side Rocker switches are for 3db pad lift, per side A couple of gut shots for those interested Back side of the control area An interesting bit of trivia... there is right around 70 feet of wiring in this cab! This is the same cab that I posted some vids on a few weeks back, just all finished out... sadly I don't think I'll have a chance to get any more video of it in action as the customer is understandably eager to get it! :) Thoughts and comments welcome! (I'll weigh it a little later today!) Thanks, Mick
Is there a 2x12 version available?. Looks awesome man!

That's really cool Mic, yet more possibilities with the Axe! The RJM stuff is really nice to work with, I had the same switcher for my old tube rig for channel switching little thing worked like a charm.

Thanks! I am all about options!

Holy Moly!! :shock
You have the same philosophy as Yngwie Malmsteen... less is not more ;)

Looks awesome, great features and flexibility

Thanks!

Is there a 2x12 version available?. Looks awesome man!

Whoops... Didn't read whole thread. A 2x12 would be awesome!

Yes... 2x12 is already designed and implemented! Works great! Forum-mate Tailstop on here has one and loves it! I'll be sending him his Switch Gizmo in the next day or so as I have been tweaking that side of things still... I wanted to get him the cab as soon as it was done! :) I'm sure he can chime in here and let you know what he thinks of it!

My XiTone 2x12 is without question the most powerful speaker system I have ever owned as a guitarist. The build is extremely solid and compact, and the overall sturdiness of this cab is simply awesome...
The shear fact that I can switch from FRFR to non-FRFR alone is ridiculous! The switches in back that engage and disengage the drivers have become a really fun feature for me. I've found myself working with amp combinations via AxeEdit for hours at a time and every now and then I'll disengage the cab block and engage the drivers just so I can get that standard cab sound for a bit. This way I can get my FRFR settings as close to real cab as possible without fatiguing my ears out.
On one of my patches I have FRFR engaged on one side and not the other. (L)Friedman and (R) plexi. This combination has my full attention at the moment and sounds unlike any amp I've ever heard. It sounds "wolf-ish" and extremely aggressive with my single coils! Clean or dirty I always look for attack and bite in my tone but I have a need for low freqs... This cab allows me to keep that low end pushed without sounding flubby or loose.
I also use this cab for acoustic gigs. My Gibson Jumbo absolutely soars through this setup. I'm using a cab block that has a dreadnought IR mixed in about 25% and surrounded by EQs.
Mick, this purchase absolutely finished my search for tone and I couldn't imagine a better suited cabinet for the AxeFX. Period.
P.s. I think I want another one!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Tailstop! I'm so glad to hear that you're so happy with your new Xitone cab. They're definitely great cabs. A couple of questions regarding your current cab (for both you and Mick):

1. The speakers, as Mick has noted, are the Beta 12CX's (the same in my Xitone cab). These are PA speakers, are they not?? If so, do you find you have to EQ a lot to gain similar tones to a traditional guitar speaker, which would have a much different frequency pattern?

2. What is the overall weight of your 212 cab?

3. Do you feel that the mix of FRFR and "traditional" offers a more "amp-in-the-room" realness compared to straight FRFR cabs?

I've been using a Xitone 1x12 Beta 12CX cab for awhile now, along with experimenting with my traditional Greenback guitar cab and the Matrix NL212 cab. I still can't find a 100% winner in any of them, as they all have pros/cons, but could this new Xitone cab be the best of all worlds?? The all-in-one solution? Interested in hearing your feedback. Thanks so much!

Hey Jeff! Happy to give my 2c...
First off, you have great taste. Greenbacks have been my fav speaker for years and my go-to speaker for live sound. Only my Egnater 212x cab comes close to that thing... The NL212 was going to be my choice for my axefx cab before I started reading about Xitone cabs. Matrix seems to be way synonymous w Fractal and being a matrix800 owner, I just imagined a smooth relationship between the two...
I was initially less than excited about the Eminence speakers. I had one good friend adore them and another pretty much hate em. Yes, they are ProAudio speakers and I believe designed for floor wedges or other mid-range and mid-bass applications. Well fortunately for us, guitars are fundamentally mid-range instrument so this application is awesome. A 250watt capability per speaker is ideal for me because I may want to switch between tube amps, SS amps, and some amp heads I own. I needed an "everything" cab. then I tried a pair of Xitone wedges. I was sold immediately.
The 212 Xitone cab I own has the driver toggles in the back and a 3db switch per speaker so manually switching them from FRFR to nonFRFR is easy. No eq required. That being said the AxeFx is ludicrously nimble and tunable so a little EQing is easy enough if need be. My patches stay pretty much the same as I switch back and forth, which brings up the SwitchGizmo Mick installed. This allows me to switch between FRFR using my MFC! Being able to switch between the two this quickly really helps me tune my sound like a regular cab...

It's heavy. Initially I liked the idea of having NL speakers and a light build, but being a pretty seasoned road guy I've seen what happens to cabinets within weeks of being on the road. So for me, lightweight isn't as important as the build quality. I haven't weighed the Xitone 212 yet so Mick might have to tell ya.

Does the mix between FRFR and Non offer more of an Amp-in-the-room feel? Nope. The build of this cabinet does. Xitone cabs have an accurate reputation as being an amp-in-the-room option for FRFR AxeFxers... Omnidirectional sound is one of the great factors of FRFR, and this cab build provides that tight attack and response that a traditional cab has but that sound is evenly distributed around the room. Considering the kind of heavy, drop-tuned music ive been playing recently there's zero doubt where the sound is coming from but the sounds are just full and robust. Lately I've been switching the FRFR off for solos! Instead of having a boost parameter in my chain or using CPU I'll just switch and it offers enough bite for me to cut through the brass...

To wrap itup I've tried em all. I actually like em all too! =] for me a traditional looking stereo 212 cab, with tilt-back design, switchable FRFR capabilities, and a tank-like build are non-negotiable factors. Mick builds these cabs to last forever with stunning quality and attention to detail. The only drawback that keeps Xitone from taking home this whole category might be the weight. I personally use a dolly for my setup and it's a non factor for me considering I walk into rehearsals and stages with about 100 amp choices and 800 watts...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom