9VAC specs New Zealand Please

335twang

Hi Newby here: Sorry if this has been asked already, but could anybody please tell me what I need to power an MFC-101 for New Zealand power supply (Same as Australia) I know it's 9 volt AC but is it relevant to know if it is +ve or -ve tip like typical boss/Ibanez pedals, what sort of input plug does the MFC receive and how much current the MFC-101 requires? I have an MFC on it's way from the US with the US power supply and want to be ready to use it when it arrives here in NZ.
Thanks

9V AC (AC=alternating current) means you do not need to worry about connector polarity. Polarity questions make no sense with AC current, they only do with DC.

The manual specs the power consumption of the MFC-101 at less than 10W. And an AC frequency range that covers the 50Hz kiwi line AC.

Darryl

Thanks Darryl. I had a look at the manual but, not being a techy sort of lad, didn't quite follow. Really appreciate you clearing that up for me. When the manual says "Universal input", is that the code for the type of connector that actually fits into the MFC? I tried a connector that goes into my old boss pedal and it wouldn't fit (Axe turned off of course)

Thanks Darryl. I had a look at the manual but, not being a techy sort of lad, didn't quite follow. Really appreciate you clearing that up for me. When the manual says "Universal input", is that the code for the type of connector that actually fits into the MFC? I tried a connector that goes into my old boss pedal and it wouldn't fit (Axe turned off of course)

universal input in this case could refer to working with AC line frequencies worldwide (it might also refer to the effectively undocumented ability to use DC power).

It is a 5.5 mm x 2.5mm (outside diameter x inner pin diameter) barrel connector. This is very common size-e.g. The line 6 AC adapter and others will work.

And BTW technically because of the fancy power supply electronics in the MFC-101 it can be powered by DC, but you are likely better off just using a 9VAC adapter.

Darryl

Back
Top Bottom