93-94 American Stratocaster Deluxe with Lace Sensor - Any ideas

unFILTERed

Power User
i might get one for 800 USD...its in good condition. I never owned a strat, are the american deluxe with lace sensors good ones?
is the sound different than fender single coils?

I had one with gold lace sensors. Nothing special, I swapped the pickups and got much better tone, the laces are pretty plain.

Been a while since I used a guitar with lace pickups, but I rather liked them myself. If you get the guitar, play it for a bit before deciding to upgrade pickups :)

I've had three strats that came equipped with 80s - 90s era lace sensor pickups and I've replaced them on every one. I just never liked the tone of those early lace sensor pickups and wound up using aftermarket pickups on all of them (Fralins, Lollars, and one is set up with a Duncan plus two Bartolinis). $800 is a decent price if the guitar is ideally suited for your needs and you love it the way it is. You can get a brand new upper-end production strat for that price, and it'll come with brand new frets, (arguably) better pickups, plus you'd get to choose whatever finish you wanted.

SarasotaSwing: I have checked out the holy grail lace sensors and they are IMMENSELY superior to the earlier production models. If my guitars had come equipped with them I probably would never have switched them out.

I've got a '91 Fender "Strat Plus" with Lace Sensors Gold pickups.
Tone is "meh"
sits in the case.
I'll check out the Kinmans.

Hopefully breath new life into this guit.
danke!

Back
Top Bottom