90% CPU on Axe III = 67% CPU on FM9

CliveBarnes

Hi all, I built a patch on my FM9 that I've been gigging which all in uses around 67% CPU on the FM9. I imported it into my Axe III this evening and the CPU meter hit 90% CPU and the ((WARNING)) sign....!!!!
I've gone back and forth between the two and I can't understand why this could be happening. I lowered the res of two Reverb blocks to Economy on the Axe III, but surely this defeats the purpose of and Axe III over an FM9 haha..!

Cheers

Wait what? There are instances where the FM9 can run more complex scenes than the Axe III?
if you put everything to the highest quality and stuff a preset as much as possible, you can run out of CPU on an Axe3.

the FM9 has a dedicated core for the 2 Reverb blocks, where the Axe3 does not.

so theoretically yes you can create presets that use 2 Ultra quality Reverbs on the FM9, move that to the Axe3 and there isn't enough CPU because of those Reverb blocks.

however the Axe3 can more often have presets that are not possible on the FM9 due to CPU.

this is my current Axe3 Turbo preset at around 75% CPU, which is not possible on the FM9.
Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 4.58.21 PM.png

if you put everything to the highest quality and stuff a preset as much as possible, you can run out of CPU on an Axe3.

so theoretically yes you can create presets that use 2 Ultra quality Reverbs on the FM9, move that to the Axe3 and there isn't enough CPU because of those Reverb blocks.

however the Axe3 can more often have presets that are not possible on the FM9 due to CPU.

this is my current Axe3 Turbo preset at around 75% CPU, which is not possible on the FM9.
View attachment 133247
OK, Chris — I’m not (usually) stupid and can often figure things out myself, but you must learn me more about WTAF you’re doing with this preset…

Last edited:

View attachment 133247
Why for is the Pitch block sitting there by itself in the first column? :)

OK, Chris — I’m not (usually) stupid and. An often figure things out myself, but you must learn me more about WTAF you’re doing with this preset…
LOL

Input 1 is my electric guitar
Input 2 is a bluetooth audio DI for tracks or break music - Left goes to In-Ears and FOH. This has a GEQ to adjust tone. Right only goes to In-Ears for click/prompts.
Input 3 Left (bottom split) is for a send from the house mixer with the band minus my signal. Right is my Acoustic/Piezo signal from the same guitar.
Input 4 is for my wireless vocal mic

Out 1 is my wireless In-Ear send. i can use the Headphone Out as a hardwired backup, which is why Out 1 is for me.
Out 2 is my FOH send
Out 3 is rarely used, but sometimes i need a 3rd output for the stage monitor or something weird.

pretty standard setup 😂

compare this to my FM3 setup which i'm using lately haha
In 1 is electric, In 2 is split between hard wired mic and the piezo guitar signal.
Out 1 goes to FOH, and i use the Headphone output to monitor the same signal.

way simpler, but less fun stuff. still gets the job done.
Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 4.58.15 PM.png

Hi chris, would you kindly share your preset?.... awesome and great...

OK, Chris — I’m not (usually) stupid and can often figure things out myself, but you must learn me more about WTAF you’re doing with this preset…
Too small to really see on my phone. Gonna have to open it up on the big screen and have a look, as it looks pretty wild....

View attachment 133247
Damn son… it looks like Chinese arithmetic 😳

Back
Top Bottom