$9,000 a metre USB cable.....

:eek: $9,000/metre!!! Gasp, I know that I know better ... still ... I know that I must have it ... someone stop me! :torn:

this is the biggest mf bs I ever read.....but you know, if there is a product, there were customers......:roll

not "World War Z" more "World War Hifi" :lol

Last edited:
For that kind of money I want at least 9 bits per byte going through the cable.

For that kind of money I want a short, bald man in a tuxedo to show up at my house, lovingly remove the cable from it's packaging, thoroughly clean both ends of the cable with the finest silk cloth, and then insert it in to my A/V setup for me. All while humming the theme song from The Million Dollar Man.

I just double checked the date, and no, it's not the 1st of April.
That sales pitch is utter BS, aimed at retards with trust fonds.
On analog cables there is a lot of snake oil as well, but there can be a clear difference depending on shielding, capacitance, materials and so on.
On a USB cable you'll find no difference as long as the cable is made reasonably sturdy, from decent materials and is "mechanically intact".

What this says to me is that there are actually people dumb enough to fall for this. Which I knew already. I just hate seeing hard evidence of it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Hell with my hand basket. Yikes...just yikes.

What this says to me is that there are actually people dumb enough to fall for this. Which I knew already. I just hate seeing hard evidence of it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Hell with my hand basket. Yikes...just yikes.

Articulated my thoughts perfectly.

Dear insurance company,

I'd like to increase my home contents insurance cover by 42K as I've just bought 3 leads.

Yes, I am hopelessly mad.

Yours sincerely

1. audiophool n.
One who spends mass amounts of cash on ridiculous Audio components and accessories. They truly believe they can tell a difference, and come up with elaborate excuses to justify these purchases.

" 'I just bought a set of $5,000 isolated marble cable-elevators to keep my $12,000 oxygen-free silver audio cables from touching the floor and picking up vibrations.'
What do you mean I'm an audiophool?"

Back
Top Bottom