9.0 and old MFC firmware compatible?

Secret80'sMan

Experienced
I know this may seem obvious but I don't have my MFC-101 here at home with me and I just upgraded to FW 9.0. Can I expect the MFC to play nice with 9.0 even though it ha 2.11 on it? It's a given I won't be able to do scene changes but I just want to make sure I can still control all my presets jut the way they were in 8.0 because I have a gig tomorrow and my MFC is on the truck.

If not I have to revert back to 8.0 tonight so if someone could please chime in it would lower my stress level.

Thanks guys!

Scenes aside, it worked fine with the beta version of 9 for many on the forum. I don't know of anything that changed from the beta to the released version that would affect how the MFC interacts. So, to answer your question, "Maybe?". :|

I used old MFC firmware with 9 the other night-no issues. The MFC was still at the practice space, so it didnt get updated until yesterday. I've added a GK-55 to the mix, so I use my MFC as simply as possible, bank of 10, 1 boost CC switch, the rest regular IAs. Nothing fancy, so I wouldn't know if something specific to your use broke...so another maybe I guess ;)

Thanks guys. My setup is pretty straightforward, banks of five presets in Axe FX mode so I feel good that there won't be any issues. I got burned with the pitch shifter before that got updated this last time and I played something totally out of key because it freaked out so I am real careful to test stuff thoroughly these days. Funny to look back on now but quite embarrassing at the time. (PS: I love the pitch shifter now and it works great for drop tune stuff just like my Ultra did).

UPDATE: I used 2.11 on the MFC-101 with 9.0 and had AXE FX TIMED OUT! messages popping up and serious latency at times (not always) with certain presets. Cliff informed me that you pretty much have to upgrade to 2.15 for full compatibility so I would either recommend staying with the beta which some of you seemed to have no issues with switching presets using old MFC firmware or upgrading both units. The latest bug patch has been release for the Axe Fx too so I will upgrade to that today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom