80's Rush type preset

Syrinx

Inspired
Howdy, thought I’d share something that’s been a work in progress for quite some time and still will be :D

It’s a preset I’ve put together for one of my favorite Rush periods, mainly Signals - Grace Under Pressure - Power Windows. It started to finally come together when we were blessed with the Gift of Tone from Alex last year. None of these scenes are meant to be exact copies of any particular album or song. My intent was more a take on the later Rush live sounds with a distorted sound I liked and when I added the reverb and delay blocks, all of a sudden I had the sound I’d been looking for forever.

Scene 1 - Crunch - Main rhythm - Think Distant Early Warning, Big Money etc
Scene 2 - Heavy Crunch - More gain Ala Between The Wheels
Scene 3 - Clean - Just a general clean, no specific songs in mind just a clean I like for this.
Scene 4 - Lead - General lead sound.
Scene 5 - Lead Big Delay - I like this for something like The Big Money or Between The Wheels
Scene 6 - Time Stand Still - Based off one of Leon’s tutorials. Works best with single coil / split humbucker.
Scene 7 - New World Man - This just reminds me of a sound that could work for songs like this.

You will likely need to change the controller for the volume pedal. The first pitch block is a capo tuned up a step for Big Money. The bundle uses one of Leon’s TV mix IRs (Thanks for everything you’ve shared Leon!).

Here are a couple sample recordings using backing tracks extracted with Moises. Again, I’m certainly not striving for perfection lol, there are mistakes and parts aren’t exactly as he played them. Soundclound won't allow a share of The Big Money due to possible copyright.. thanks for the great sounds Fractal! :D

Hopefully some fellow Rush fans will find some enjoyment with this and feel free to improve upon it.

Attachments

• 80s Rush Rig.fasBundle
    21.6 KB · Views: 177
Would it be too much to ask to get a picture of your layout so I can properly try this out on my FM3?

Awesome!! Thank you very much! Puts me at 84% without the 2nd pitch block, but sound really good!
Thank you sskkmm for grabbing the screenshot. The first pitch block would be a good candidate to initially chop, I only use it for Big Money to tune up. If you’re not looking for the Time Stands Still clean which still isn’t quite dialed in, you could remove the filter too.

Glad everyone is enjoying it and thanks for the feedback \m/

Howdy, thought I’d share something that’s been a work in progress for quite some time and still will be :D

It’s a preset I’ve put together for one of my favorite Rush periods, mainly Signals - Grace Under Pressure - Power Windows. It started to finally come together when we were blessed with the Gift of Tone from Alex last year. None of these scenes are meant to be exact copies of any particular album or song. My intent was more a take on the later Rush live sounds with a distorted sound I liked and when I added the reverb and delay blocks, all of a sudden I had the sound I’d been looking for forever.

Scene 1 - Crunch - Main rhythm - Think Distant Early Warning, Big Money etc
Scene 2 - Heavy Crunch - More gain Ala Between The Wheels
Scene 3 - Clean - Just a general clean, no specific songs in mind just a clean I like for this.
Scene 4 - Lead - General lead sound.
Scene 5 - Lead Big Delay - I like this for something like The Big Money or Between The Wheels
Scene 6 - Time Stand Still - Based off one of Leon’s tutorials. Works best with single coil / split humbucker.
Scene 7 - New World Man - This just reminds me of a sound that could work for songs like this.

You will likely need to change the controller for the volume pedal. The first pitch block is a capo tuned up a step for Big Money. The bundle uses one of Leon’s TV mix IRs (Thanks for everything you’ve shared Leon!).

Here are a couple sample recordings using backing tracks extracted with Moises. Again, I’m certainly not striving for perfection lol, there are mistakes and parts aren’t exactly as he played them. Soundclound won't allow a share of The Big Money due to possible copyright.. thanks for the great sounds Fractal! :D

Hopefully some fellow Rush fans will find some enjoyment with this and feel free to improve upon it.

Thanks for putting this up.
It was a lot of fun to play and big sounding.

Back
Top Bottom