80's hero's preset bundle interest?

I don't think anyone here has shown outrage at Danny saying he wanted to charge...
I am really just seeing opinions as to what different people are willing to pay for it. and even at that I don't think people expressing what they would personally pay for it is meant as a dis to Danny's talents, as he does amazing work. I think most are genuinely trying to give Danny a feel for what the Market would be willing to pay. Obviously Danny isn't going to take everyone's opinions as law, but at least it give him an idea so HE can make the ultimate decision in the end on price point. I for one say hell yeah, Danny has a talent at this, and he should get paid for his time and effort. I mean hell I spend hours noodling on presets that don't come anywhere near what Danny creates, so believe me I get it!

Which I guess, just at this moment, really led me to the realization that thinking what I would be willing to pay for these types of presets should be more a question of what is MY time worth? Because If I spend hours tweaking presets that sound like shit, how many hours would I have to spend to get something near the quality that Danny gets? Ok you got me, Higher price point now justified in my mind! ;)

Lol! Nah, I've not gotten a single negative vibe. I love the advice and insight everyone has given. I'm just glad the few that may not have totally understood me, understand now.

The last thing I want to do is disrupt this fine community or get into an argument. I value the stuff everyone has shared and more importantly, how cool this community has been to me. I never want that part to change on my end.or yours.....and would never want money to be the reason.

Trust me, if this thing is a go, it will be worth whatever it ends up being....and I promise it will be fair or I won't do it.

Truth be told, I'd rather be friends with all you guys first and foremost over making money off of you. I really mean that. The other side of the coin is, if there is a demand for what we're talking about, (which there seems to be)I want to be the guy that brings it to you.....or at least the guy that tries. :)

If I understood well the idea of this project would be to select one guitar hero (Ex. Satriani) and have different scenes/presets considering also different songs and not only a song, right? Like your EVH preset, that covers the mains effects and some different songs? Is that a true statement?

Also, to calm down a little our natural excitement (based and the outstanding presets you already share with us), can you share with us which guitar hero would be a strong candidate for the first one? I believe you may already have some well advanced presets that you use for your own satisfaction. Any timeline for the initial release? :D;):) Sorry but I couldn't resist...

If I understood well the idea of this project would be to select one guitar hero (Ex. Satriani) and have different scenes/presets considering also different songs and not only a song, right? Like your EVH preset, that covers the mains effects and some different songs? Is that a true statement?

Also, to calm down a little our natural excitement (based and the outstanding presets you already share with us), can you share with us which guitar hero would be a strong candidate for the first one? I believe you may already have some well advanced presets that you use for your own satisfaction. Any timeline for the initial release? :D;):) Sorry but I couldn't resist...

Yeah you understood correctly. :) Everything you said in regards to scenes etc is right. Just like my vh patch.

Hmm, I haven't decided on which hero. I may create a poll or something. As of right now, I've been putting some work into early Nuno and am really happy with the outcome. There was something cool on that first album that I liked. The tone isn't even that great, it just works though.

The guys in my initial list, we're just guys I liked off the top of my head that I wanted to challenge myself with. Nothing is really etched in stone, but it looks like this thing is definitely going to become reality.

I wanna do blues guys, jazz, djent, country, classic rock guys.....it's gonna be killer. I only listed the 80s guys due to growing up loving them. I am inspired by everyone and love lots of players. I just figured I'd post up some popular ones to see if the interest was there. :)

I just finished reading the rest of your post.

IMHO I have a hard time pulling the trigger on a product that is usually hit and miss. Not that your work isn't really great, but I have a really hard time making anybody else's presets work for me.

I agree with the other posters about price. I have looked at the cab packs that are most likely going to be a good investment, but if they are much more that 29 bucks or so I can't get myself to make the jump.

Maybe you should break the presets up into bundles. 6 for 30 bucks or something like that.

Also, like has already been posted many time. I hope this isn't taken as a dis. You have given so freely to the community I would love to have an option to help you, monetarily.

Yeah you understood correctly. :) Everything you said in regards to scenes etc is right. Just like my vh patch.

Hmm, I haven't decided on which hero. I may create a poll or something. As of right now, I've been putting some work into early Nuno and am really happy with the outcome. There was something cool on that first album that I liked. The tone isn't even that great, it just works though.

The guys in my initial list, we're just guys I liked off the top of my head that I wanted to challenge myself with. Nothing is really etched in stone, but it looks like this thing is definitely going to become reality.

I wanna do blues guys, jazz, djent, country, classic rock guys.....it's gonna be killer. I only listed the 80s guys due to growing up loving them. I am inspired by everyone and love lots of players. I just figured I'd post up some popular ones to see if the interest was there. :)
I also liked the idea of other types of music...blues, classic rock, etc...Thank you!!!!

That Van Halen preset was astounding. I am playing with it on PRS humbuckers and it kicks ass, so it is a sound that translates well to my gear. If I were you I'd leave the VH there as proof of what you are capable of. I know I am interested in your work in the basis of it (as well your other great tutorials).

I just finished reading the rest of your post.

IMHO I have a hard time pulling the trigger on a product that is usually hit and miss. Not that your work isn't really great, but I have a really hard time making anybody else's presets work for me.

I agree with the other posters about price. I have looked at the cab packs that are most likely going to be a good investment, but if they are much more that 29 bucks or so I can't get myself to make the jump.

Maybe you should break the presets up into bundles. 6 for 30 bucks or something like that.

Also, like has already been posted many time. I hope this isn't taken as a dis. You have given so freely to the community I would love to have an option to help you, monetarily.

I totally understand that as well and I don't feel anyone has dissed me.

However, this is one of the problems with packs as opposed to working with someone one on one to where they are using their gear. Let's take any sound that any of us has created. It will need to be tweaked no matter what unless you are the one that creates it.

And even there, some of the best sounds for others tank for some of us. I can't tell you how many times I was let down by a preset that I know some poor baystid worked hard on. But this is why one on one is the better option for authenticity sake.

Before I brought this up, I had been testing and experimenting on all sorts of things. I'm not going into anything unrehearsed or blind. If I can't cop something, I'm not afraid to say " this one ain't gonna happen".

In that situation, a donation is acceptable for my time or nothing at all if you feel I totally tanked. I'm easy....and am not trying to get over on anyone. But when I succeed, I deserve what I'm worth. If that worth is out of someone's price range, I'm simply not your guy. It's cut and dry.

There are others already doing great packs that are both great and affordable. I'm not in this to make money. It's a specialty service that will create and sell quality patches.

I keep seeing this price thing come up with cabs etc. You are not making a good/fair comparison. Two different procedures for different outcomes.

A single tone can take relentless hours tweaking even with tone matching and that doesn't include effects! You gotta compare apples to apples.

I have a few cab packs. They are great. I use about 20 cabs. I still have to create patches within those cabs. I also tweak cabs using the tools we were given in the XL+.

Look up a vid I made called the power of a cab block on this site somewhere. I took our user tweed 1x8 cab and turned it into something more usable than it is stock in my opinion. My point is, I don't need any more cabs. I like sounds....but that's me.

I'd take buying yek's preset banks over any cab pack. That is in no way discrediting people that do cab packs. I just don't feel the need for them with the tools given.

Rest assured, at the end of the day, anything I am a part of will hopefully not be a miss or I won't do it. Even if I were to do a one on one and fail, there's no way I'd charge someone for a failure.

Your EVH preset and multiple scenes plus cabs was just stunning. Your technical ability to nail the tones and doubtless hours/days/months/etc of hard work are matched by your generosity to share this.
Premium craftsmanship deserves premium financial rates.
Knowing the high quality of your work, I would be extremely interested in paying for each of your presets of 80's heroes.
A custom preset that inspires me to play more and better has got to be worth far, far more than a few sets of new strings!
I hope you will be able to get these completed and available soon!
Your settings sounded great on my setup, so I personally would buy your stock presets and tweak as necessary myself.

Excellent. Thanks for that and the kind words! I just mentioned in another thread that I will be definitely doing the presets.

But I won't be dong packs because they simply don't work for everyone. Someone wants something, we visit it as a team and nail exactly what you need. This will work better for all of us as well as the people in need of this sort of thing.

Now I won't upset Moke or Freman by entering the pack preset world. I truly do not want to make enemies with those guys.

Superb news that you're doing the presets as my tastes match the majority of your list.
I have bought from both Moke and Fremen and will continue to do so, but am so looking forward to more of your fabulous work.

Superb news that you're doing the presets as my tastes match the majority of your list.
I have bought from both Moke and Fremen and will continue to do so, but am so looking forward to more of your fabulous work.
Exactly the same for me! I bought presets from Moke and Fremen and probably will continue to do that if something catchs my attention. There are room for you all and others to come to make the fractal world better and more enjoyable! :)

Come on send me the download link so I can pay :)

Thanks
Pauly

Lol! Nah, I've not gotten a single negative vibe. I love the advice and insight everyone has given. I'm just glad the few that may not have totally understood me, understand now.

The last thing I want to do is disrupt this fine community or get into an argument. I value the stuff everyone has shared and more importantly, how cool this community has been to me. I never want that part to change on my end.or yours.....and would never want money to be the reason.

Trust me, if this thing is a go, it will be worth whatever it ends up being....and I promise it will be fair or I won't do it.

Truth be told, I'd rather be friends with all you guys first and foremost over making money off of you. I really mean that. The other side of the coin is, if there is a demand for what we're talking about, (which there seems to be)I want to be the guy that brings it to you.....or at least the guy that tries. :)

Warren Haynes & Gary Moore
I'm Praying For You · Bernard Allison · Larry McCray · Carl Weathersby

Warren Haynes & Gary Moore
I'm Praying For You · Bernard Allison · Larry McCray · Carl Weathersby

Simple one there ATR....the key on those tones...shh...don't tell anyone....roll the tone knob down. I actually grabbed the lead tone on this in about 10 seconds using a stock AX8 sound with little tweaks. Mid gain, high pass, Plexi or AC amp....small cab, lead pup, roll tone down. You should be super close. :)

Simple one there ATR....the key on those tones...shh...don't tell anyone....roll the tone knob down. I actually grabbed the lead tone on this in about 10 seconds using a stock AX8 sound with little tweaks. Mid gain, high pass, Plexi or AC amp....small cab, lead pup, roll tone down. You should be super close. :)

I was testing your skills.. OK you pass. :p

Back
Top Bottom